Re: Big Boar Exhaust On Cars = Power???

Postby RHR_Rob on Thu 9/Apr/09 8:18pm

nzmatto wrote:Changing the exhaust can increase the power, but only by a small amount. Boring it out to 180HP probably means they have bored out the engine block to its maximum size and put some oversized pistons in it. Although that's pretty costly, and there is other, cheaper ways to produce more power. In any case if he's got a big bore he's an attantion seeking dickhead, so was probably lying anyway.

I'm with Mono on this one. except if my car had a big bore exhaust I'd shoot* my son.**

* I don't have any guns.
** I don't have a son, but if I did he'd be the only one gusty enough to come near to my holden with a big bore exhaust.

Always someone sencible comes along and spoils a completly pointless thread.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby nzmatto on Thu 9/Apr/09 8:24pm

whorry whor vat
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 9/Apr/09 8:56pm

1 3/4 inch primaries at 36 inches length collecting into 2 inch pipe with a single resonator at 20 inches length including resonator was the optimum pig poar for my 3t but it was too rowdy so i shot it
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby RussS on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:07pm

I was told by a wise old man once .... the louder the car, the smaller the dick of the owner :D
RussS
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby specializedman on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:18pm

RussS wrote:I was told by a wise old man once .... the louder the car, the smaller the dick of the owner :D

I'm going to go and get my nice quiet car serviced again so it is even MOAR quiet
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 9/Apr/09 10:21pm

there is a whole heap moar to it than bigger is better, you need to factor in back pressure, sonic pulse etc etc
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby skeletor on Fri 10/Apr/09 8:09am

resonance?
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby jnumbaz on Fri 10/Apr/09 10:01am

Was it achieved?
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 10:03am

thats what resonators are for
shmoodiver

Postby ShoreBoy on Fri 10/Apr/09 11:00am

The new system I got on my kit car has 2 resonators and no actual muffler. 2" pipe, a bit bigger then the old one. Got a small performance increase, and it sounds like a 7 replica should, not really loud, but a nice bark once the revs get up.
Had to balance free-er flow with maintaining enough back pressure.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Apr/09 11:42am

Hmmm, the old back pressure myth........

These guys seem to disagree, but hey they are only making 8000hp.
644_27.jpg
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Fri 10/Apr/09 12:01pm

What a bore this thread is...
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 12:05pm

Spokes wrote:Hmmm, the old back pressure myth........

These guys seem to disagree, but hey they are only making 8000hp.

i thought you were knowledgeable about cars and the likes spokes? but it appears you are not.
that antique that you have pictured is running headers and so will have the right amount of back pressure to make x horsepower at x revs, if they didn't want any back pressure they wouldn't have any pipes at all. know of any engines that run well without pipes?
shmoodiver

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 3:56pm

specializedman wrote:
RussS wrote:I was told by a wise old man once .... the louder the car, the smaller the dick of the owner :D

I'm going to go and get my nice quiet car serviced again so it is even MOAR quiet

sorry bud, won't make yer wanger bigger
shmoodiver

Postby specializedman on Fri 10/Apr/09 5:50pm

shmoodiver wrote:
specializedman wrote:

sorry bud, won't make yer wanger bigger

You would know.
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts