Bicyclespares Wellington - Warranty Issue

Postby CroMo on Sun 22nd Oct 9:20am

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with Bicycle Spares in Wellington? I have been trying to contact them for 4 months regarding a faulty GPS computer and HR monitor I purchased from them. The goods were sent back to them as per the warranty instructions but now they will not reply to any emails. :hmmm:
CroMo
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Bicyclespares Wellington - Warranty Issue

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 22nd Oct 6:29pm

CroMo wrote:Hi,

Has anyone had issues with Bicycle Spares in Wellington? I have been trying to contact them for 4 months regarding a faulty GPS computer and HR monitor I purchased from them. The goods were sent back to them as per the warranty instructions but now they will not reply to any emails. :hmmm:

I have had nothing to do with the trader, their website puts me off. But I do see a mobile number on their site, maybe give them a call? 021 226 5646

What brand was gps/hr unit? I would be tempted to ring the nz agent for the brand if you don't get any response from a phone call to the "retailer" they might be able to chase it along as they will odds on want to protect the reputation of the brand they represent in nz
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Sun 22nd Oct 6:30pm

I’ve used to work with one of them at Transpower, was nice enough and never had an issue buying stuff. Can’t remember her name though....
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 22nd Oct 6:35pm

A quick search of the companies office also gives you some contact details of the person you want to talk to.

It's amazing what you can find in a few minutes on the web
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby CroMo on Mon 23rd Oct 4:32pm

I have phoned several times and generally get fobbed off. Purchased through their TradeMe store so currently working with TM Disputes team - just frustrating to send it back for a warranty assessment and get no further communication. (returned goods were tracked and signed for)

The unit was a (new) Bryton Rider 310 HR/GPS - I have no idea who the nz agent is.

I also have located some personal information via a companies search......
CroMo

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 23rd Oct 4:38pm

Phoenix cycle distributors in Auckland are the current Bryton agent
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby CroMo on Wed 25th Oct 5:05pm

pushbikerider wrote:Phoenix cycle distributors in Auckland are the current Bryton agent

Cheers for that.
CroMo

Postby CroMo on Fri 27th Oct 9:00am

NZ distributor was really helpful and offered to sort it out if I send the goods to them.

BicycleSpares are sending it back to me with a new HR strap and sensor - hopefully sorted now
CroMo

Cycling | Cycling Accessories | Cycling Computers + Heartrate Monitors - Latest Posts