Re: Beware The Black Hummer On Dyers Pass Road.

Postby thorg on Fri 29/Jan/10 11:59am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
motuihe wrote:Our soldiers are fighting in Iraq to preserve our freedom...and people like this abuse it and don't respect others...it's sad and the ignorant 'why should I share the road with a cyclist' attitude is pathetic..go and fight in Iraq and see what real life is about and how precious it can be...that's what real men do, not hide behind their hulking piece of metal!!

Whut.
he is suggesting that real men invade other countries and shoot civilians from behind armoured vehicles so they can buy cheap oil - i think :eh:

bait
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby TheTricksterNZ on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:38pm

This bloke reminds me a bit of Field Marshall and bobberesford.com on Stuff.
TheTricksterNZ
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby alanw on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:49pm

<troll>
</troll>
alanw
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Zaphod on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:50pm

I think what he means is that in Iraq life is cheap, so people need to learn to appreciate NZ for what it is - or apparrently isn't now? :eh:

Man that was deep - back on topic.... post some more boobies :thumbsup:
Zaphod
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Zaphod on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:51pm

alanw wrote:<troll>
</troll>

He looks like you Al!
Zaphod

Postby alanw on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:57pm

nah I am way better looking. :cool:
alanw
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 29/Jan/10 1:22pm

THAT CARTOON IS FANTASTIC!
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby motuihe on Fri 29/Jan/10 1:49pm

No, real men, like Apiata, go to war and defend our freedom, therefore, it is our duty to treat each other with common decency and respect in our democratic societies (where we have free speech to insult each other on here and also to voice our opinions unlike in Iraq). Aren't we insulting the soldiers who have died for our rights, if we don't live our lives peacefully, respectfully and with some civility towards each other? Not attacking people for simply cycling down a street? We are very lucky to live in a free society and not under the shadow of war. Iraqis/ Afghans etc don't have that luxury (yet). I am not some old military bloke but a young woman who has travelled the world and realised the value of that freedom. I have taught people from war torn countries and who had their families murdered, they told me first hand. How they fled for their lives and had to escape to a better life. One that we in the Western world take for granted all too often.
motuihe
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 29/Jan/10 1:56pm

motuihe wrote:No, real men, like Apiata, go to war and defend our freedom, therefore, it is our duty to treat each other with common decency and respect in our democratic societies (where we have free speech to insult each other on here and also to voice our opinions unlike in Iraq). Aren't we insulting the soldiers who have died for our rights, if we don't live our lives peacefully, respectfully and with some civility towards each other? ...

:ib:
walter_sobchak.jpg
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby EvilDwarf on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:04pm

motuihe wrote:No, real men, like Apiata, go to war and defend our freedom, therefore, it is our duty to treat each other with common decency and respect in our democratic societies (where we have free speech to insult each other on here and also to voice our opinions unlike in Iraq). Aren't we insulting the soldiers who have died for our rights, if we don't live our lives peacefully, respectfully and with some civility towards each other? Not attacking people for simply cycling down a street? We are very lucky to live in a free society and not under the shadow of war. Iraqis/ Afghans etc don't have that luxury (yet). I am not some old military bloke but a young woman who has travelled the world and realised the value of that freedom. I have taught people from war torn countries and who had their families murdered, they told me first hand. How they fled for their lives and had to escape to a better life. One that we in the Western world take for granted all too often.

Sorry, don't drag Willie Apiata into this. The man is a damn legend but what he & his colleagues are doing over there has sod all to do with the freedom of NZers. If you'd referred to WW2 vets instead, fine, that really was all about world domination.

Oh, and freedom includes the freedom to be an arsehole. It's a pity that so many people take advantage of that, but when YOU try to dictate what people's "duties" are, I've got to wonder about your definition of "freedom".
EvilDwarf
"Narf!"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Zaphod on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:14pm

Yeh, we shouldn't be so harsh on Mr Freeman - it is his right after all. :p
Zaphod

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:25pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
motuihe wrote:No, real men, like Apiata, go to war and defend our freedom, therefore, it is our duty to treat each other with common decency and respect in our democratic societies (where we have free speech to insult each other on here and also to voice our opinions unlike in Iraq). Aren't we insulting the soldiers who have died for our rights, if we don't live our lives peacefully, respectfully and with some civility towards each other? ...

:ib:

SHUT THE FUCK UP, DONNY!
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:46pm

The idea of a Hummer on Dyers Pass is quite appealling, but then I'd have to nail my girlfriend too.
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby motuihe on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:53pm

[quote="EvilDwarf'']
Sorry, don't drag Willie Apiata into this. The man is a damn legend but what he & his colleagues are doing over there has sod all to do with the freedom of NZers.

Er.....what planet are you on? DOH....of course it is all about your bloody freedom man!!! I think Apiata would be more horrified about the war between cyclists and drivers happening back in his Land of the Long White Cloud, than anything he has had to face out there! Willy would wonder what the hell he is fighting for if this is how people act back home!! Willy is probably statistically safer walking down Afghan Avenue than cycling down Dyers Pass Road...hey bro?
motuihe
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 29/Jan/10 3:10pm

If you look closely at the patch on his flak jacket, it appears he has mis-spelled 'SAS'. :lol:
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts