Re: Beware The Black Hummer On Dyers Pass Road.

Postby Trail on Thu 28/Jan/10 1:44pm

:lol:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby notanotherhillscoach on Thu 28/Jan/10 1:45pm

Trail wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:Whoops - wrong log-in! :paranoid:

Do you need some "coaching" on how to operate more than one user on here at a time?

Huh? :sneaky:
notanotherhillscoach
"take my advice, I don't need it..."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 28/Jan/10 3:01pm

Nick_K wrote:I've stayed out of this thread as it seems petty and vindicitive at the best of times.

Agree to an extent. As much as I enjoyed him getting his comeuppance, lots of us on here use the anonymity to say things we wouldn't otherwise. :paranoid:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Nick_K on Thu 28/Jan/10 3:45pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
Nick_K wrote:I've stayed out of this thread as it seems petty and vindicitive at the best of times.

Agree to an extent. As much as I enjoyed him getting his comeuppance, lots of us on here use the anonymity to say things we wouldn't otherwise. :paranoid:

Ive found the us vs them, winner and loser rhetoric all quite painful and I'd say damaging to road user relationships. In all my years of riding I can berely recall any even minor incidents with drivers and I'm sure any that have occured have been harmless inattentions rather than vindictiveness on any level.

I think both sides of the "debate" (not that this whole shit storm in a teacup warrents such a word) needs to engage their brain before posting.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Nick_K on Thu 28/Jan/10 3:45pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

Ive found the us vs them, winner and loser rhetoric all quite painful and I'd say damaging to road user relationships. In all my years of riding I can berely recall any even minor incidents with drivers and I'm sure any that have occured have been harmless inattentions rather than vindictiveness on any level.

I think both sides of the "debate" (not that this whole shit storm in a teacup warrents such a word) needs to engage their brain before posting.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby blue442 on Thu 28/Jan/10 4:39pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

So true.

blue442
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby cooper770 on Thu 28/Jan/10 4:45pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

now you don't know that :lol:

I for one have never had an issue with saying what I mean to who ever its meant regardless of the medium of delivery.

I don't hide, here or anywhere :lol: I'm very open about who I am, where I am, and have no issue what's so ever if when I'm in CHURCHUR at the end of the month and I see Mr Freeman, which is quite possible as the wedding I'm going to is at the Sign of The Takhea, I will give him a ear bashing over this matter....in fact I may even wear the t-shirt I've just printed :lol:
He's not the only one who's done a bit of boxing :sneaky:
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby gavfaemonty on Thu 28/Jan/10 5:09pm

blue442 wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

So true.

Agree with the sentiments but at the (considerable) risk of being a pedantic twat, it's worth noting that posting to this forum isn't anonymous, it's pseudonymous. Further, no-one with two out of three of a warrant, time, and half an ounce of intellegence is going to have much trouble linking 'real' identities to the pseudonymous ones.

So, my half-way professional advice to any poster is to avoid posting things that you definitely don't want linked to you. Mr58ShotAgain himself is a great example - said something collosally stupid that may well be in character but he claims aren't. Thought is was all on the interweb wild west. Within hours he was identified along with his TradeMe login, his home address, his car, his other car, his motorbike, his home address, a google maps image of his home address, the businesses that he's a director of, his mobile number, his photo, and fuck knows what else. Within two days there's 52,000 hits here (heh heh), exposure on national TV, comments from a cop, and a total public man-shaming.

Silly boy, so fine, but some of the claims / encouragements / etc. on here are on a fine line as well.
gavfaemonty
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 28/Jan/10 5:14pm

You are a pedantic twat. :p
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 28/Jan/10 6:36pm

not as twatty as the removed poster tho
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby znomit on Thu 28/Jan/10 7:07pm

On Campbell soon
znomit
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby stiffeeslicker on Thu 28/Jan/10 9:15pm

Couldn't agree more. I for one have seen no aggressive behaviour towards cyclists; the odd lack of observation or the usual hoons. I make myself visible with defensive riding; get out of the way when safe to do so etc (as do all the people I have ridden with in this country)... and am generally rewarded with courtesy and patience.
As to the Freeman story, the inconclusive newspaper article summed it up; it really is a non-event: people on both sides batting vitriol back and forth. Yes, he is a dumbass for making those comments but how many sweeping condemnations have we seen of motorists in these forums? It would be lovely to see everyone riding bikes instead of in cars but for now, a shoulder-check, move-over and a wave is all it takes to keep everyone happy.
stiffeeslicker
"Intentional, apparently."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby thelivo on Thu 28/Jan/10 9:18pm

A shoulder check?! bit aggressive dontcha think?!
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Scotty on Thu 28/Jan/10 9:28pm

It's a pretty slow news week when a flame war is one of the major stories. :lol:

Cyclists can be such sanctimonious pricks sometimes. :eh:

However it's also amusing seeing such a harry hard-out getting what's coming to him. :)

In my mind, the only thing more douche-worthy than a guy in hummer threatening to run cyclists off the road, is a bunch of cyclists running around the internet in ecstasy proclaiming "we won! we won!" and fist-pumping in front of their computer screens after seeing the media coverage. ;)

just sayin'
Scotty
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby Oli on Thu 28/Jan/10 9:40pm

You sound more like Thorg every day... :D
Oli
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts