Best mini golf in Chch?

Pirate's Island Adventure Golf (Russley)
33%
Spencer Park
No votes
Stewarts Gully Mini Golf
11%
The Colosseum Wide World Of Golf (Sockburn)
No votes
The Lost City Adventure Mini Golf (QEII)
No votes
Wild West Adventure Mini Golf (Sockburn)
11%
Gold Rush Mini Golf & Adventure Maze (Governers bay)
No votes
Riccarton park golf (Yaldhurst road)
No votes
Caddyshack city (Indoor, Opawa)
44%

Total voters : 9

Best Mini Golf In Chch?

Postby mfw on Wed 15/Apr/09 11:07am

My wife and I have a few hours out from the older kids next week, fancied a bit of mini golf for some fun (still have 3 month old in tow so cannot get up to anything too exciting).

We had a go at the Wild West course some time ago - was a mixed bag - some great holes and some pretty mediocre ones. There must be a mini golf expert out there somewhere in vorbland..?

Cast your vote on this important subject :D
Last edited by mfw on Wed 15/Apr/09 12:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Best Mini Golf In Chch?

Postby neels on Wed 15/Apr/09 12:07pm

You forgot Riccarton park golf (out by Yaldhurst road), it's pretty good, and Caddyshack city (the indoor one in Opawa).
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby Spyder on Wed 15/Apr/09 12:32pm

I've only played Caddyshack (average, but it is inside if it's wet), Wild West & Pirates Island and it would be Pirates Island by a nose. None of them compare to the legendary Pauanui course though (but is quite a drive).
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby mfw on Wed 15/Apr/09 1:00pm

Spyder wrote:I've only played Caddyshack (average, but it is inside if it's wet), Wild West & Pirates Island and it would be Pirates Island by a nose. None of them compare to the legendary Pauanui course though (but is quite a drive).

Is this Pauanui in Coromandel?

Wow, 9 Mini golfs (and counting) in Chch who'd have thought :blink:
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby mfw on Tue 21/Apr/09 3:42pm

Knocked off Pirate's Island this fine morning, verdict probably the best yet (compared to QEII and Wild West). Great setup awash with water features, course in good nick, could have been fooled you were a real pirate had it not been for the traffic whizzing by (it's on the main road) :hmmm:

Er, 3 down 6 to go...

The benchmark is the Picton course (wifes home town), still unchallenged as the best in NZ, has challenging holes unmatched anywhere in the world (according to my wife).

I'm not gonna start a mini-golf leaderboard as my wife whupped my ass today :blush:
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby scatter on Tue 21/Apr/09 3:44pm

Best mini-golf I've found is in Turangi of all places!
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby JulieJ on Sun 14/Jun/09 6:44pm

Interesting question, I have to vote for Stewarts Gully Mini Golf, its a really nice place to go, you have a choice of 4 different courses and my kids just loved it. We had a family picnic in the park and the rope swings kept the girls (8and 13) busy for ages. I also thought the price was quite reasonable, one day we will go back to try the Tandem bikes out. Don't take heels though as its a real grass course.
JulieJ
Member for: 5 years 4 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Middle South Island | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts