[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Steven Mooney & Corey Patel
Viewed 1082 times -
Langa14
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Belmont Trails

Postby Conners on Tue 9/Jun/09 8:30pm

That was really cool :thumbsup:
What did you shot that with? Came out real nice.
I miss Belmont...
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Langa14 on Tue 9/Jun/09 9:14pm

thanks bro. shot with a sony handycam with the mini Dvds. not flash but does the job. yea belmont gud as. awesome that its local and mean trails.
Langa14

Postby one_uknw on Tue 9/Jun/09 9:22pm

Pretty mean little vid. Big up. Make more!
one_uknw
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Tue 9/Jun/09 9:53pm

Cool! Cheers lads... :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Derryn Hinch on Wed 10/Jun/09 11:38am

** Warning: thread hi-jacking **

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this.

I enjoy downhilling as much as the next bod, but if you are going to wear so much clothes and your bike is so heavy or poorly geared that you have to walk up the hills, why don't you just ride motocross? I know that you are having lots of fun, it just doesn't seem like cycling to me.
Derryn Hinch
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby one_uknw on Wed 10/Jun/09 1:07pm

Not a big deal imo. Frequently see cruisy as roadies out on sifty rides in full hard out kit on ridiculous trick bikes, riding at barely jogging pace

not the best example but tbh, you've got a riding kit, why not wear it, rather than trash your casual shit
one_uknw
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby DaveAldred on Wed 10/Jun/09 2:00pm

I love riding in Belmont park.

I did think the slide was a steep and quite difficult descent in the woods. This video seems to just show the easy top section of trail that the PNP XC race used last year. Granted we didn't do the jump (at least I certainly didn't).

Can someone sort me out here? Was the slide in that vid?

I rode Big Weta the other day and bought the farm when I failed on a slick clay patch on a rh small chute shortly after the wooden bridge. When i got up and dusted my sorry self off, I noticed I was at the foot of what looked like a very hard descent, at least for an XC rider. I would have been hard pushed to clean it or even try it unless conditions were dry and perfect. I was expecting that to be the Slide and be in the vid.

Sorry for my confusion!
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby ryda on Wed 10/Jun/09 3:12pm

yes Davo that is the top section of the slide and what you raced in the PNP series.....the steeper & nairlier stuff is further down down, including the bit you saw at your point of momentery lapse of that amazing skill you have :lol:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby ThingOne on Wed 10/Jun/09 3:17pm

That slide your'e talking about Davo, is the one myself and Tiger Pre-rode (well crawled down) when out sussing the course for PNP Belmont round last year. We thought it was big weta, was very relived to find it wasnt.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby DaveAldred on Wed 10/Jun/09 3:36pm

Gotcha!

So the video is in fact of '"Not riding the Slide at Belmont".

I remember when you and Boner-T were talking about this mental hard downhill Marco had put in! On the day Chopper and Big Weta were plenty hard enough for me!
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Langa14 on Wed 10/Jun/09 3:45pm

Slide, Jumps Track, whatever you wana call it aye. does it really matter? people have differant names. its a good track thats all. yea that is the easier section of the track. its good to session so it made filming easier. got more footage. video was going to be longer but it got dark and had to ditch. BTW good point there. road/XC riders going out with their $8000 bikes and flash kit, so why cant they. you buy the gear so you can use it. Wasnt particularily warm either, In the middle of that cold patch we went through.
Langa14

Postby p3Jumpsta on Wed 10/Jun/09 4:12pm

hay derryn hinch.its called sessioning. that what you do when your not shuttling. you session parts of a track. and in order to session you have to push up the track. thats why we were pushing up the track. and if youve got the gear why not use it. whats it there for... looking at? :hmmm:
p3Jumpsta
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby GTrida on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:48pm

Derryn Hinch wrote:** Warning: thread hi-jacking **

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this.

I enjoy downhilling as much as the next bod, but if you are going to wear so much clothes and your bike is so heavy or poorly geared that you have to walk up the hills, why don't you just ride motocross? I know that you are having lots of fun, it just doesn't seem like cycling to me.

Hey Derryn if you "enjoy downhilling as much as the next bod" you would understand what these lads are doing. As stated already they are merly sessioning the fun part of the track that they and many others enjoy. So what if people have nice riding gear and nice bikes its there money and therefore there stuff and they are using it for what it was designed for..riding! Funny that. And yes it is still cycling its called downhill not uphill, if they wanted to do that im sure they would take up cross country. Why the fuck do people knock others that are out there riding a damn site more than people that just sit on this site questioning others and pretending they ride? Seems like a common problem these days, SAD.
GTrida
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby rackerrack on Wed 10/Jun/09 10:00pm

Nice one guys.Good to see the slide in action.Heaps of fun on an xc bike too.
rackerrack
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling | Downhill Racing | Lower Hutt | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts