Beginner Mountain Bike Tracks In/around Whangarei

Postby Kiwi44 on Sun 28/Sep/08 11:04am

Hi there. My boyfriend and I are looking for beginner tracks in or around Whangarei. Can anyone give us any idea where we could find info on that? We have been told of some areas, but have no idea where to go to find the start of the track (ie Glenbervie forest etc).

Cheers!
Kiwi44
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 28/Sep/08 11:36am

Check out the maps for Parahaki on the Northland forum, we will hopefully have a Sign down at the bottom gate by the carpark showing trails etc, as for the Glenbervie trails i think there is a map at the head quarters but Trail troll should be along on here next couple of days maybe and let you know more info......
parahaki has a lot of big stuff on the trails for the freeride side of things but most are tables or have a bypass line there is also a trail for XC going up from the carpark , just keep looking ..
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Glenbervie Trails

Postby trailtroll on Sun 28/Sep/08 6:03pm

There is a map @ the carpark, with more details in @ the HQ's.
trailtroll
""i woke up this morning and all of my stuff was stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.""
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby madpete on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:43pm

Parahaki MTB are building a beginner trail at Parahaki...work in progress though. You could play it safe at Parahaki by riding up and down the forestry road, good gentle long climb up. park at the car park 500 metres along Abby caves rd... from the Whareora rd end, then straight up forestry road...you end up at the memoral car park at the top.
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts