Postby musket on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:40pm

Spokes wrote:
jeremyb wrote: I'd be building up a drift car, best fun you can have on 4 wheels :)

I so dont get the point of drifting. Its the ballroom dancing of motorsport. :hmmm:

Doesn't that also make it something akin to:

Basic Hygiene
Simple Logic
Elementary Grammar
and a Sense of Humour

amongst the other things you don't seem to get the point of / understand?
musket
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby MattV on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:46pm

While drifting should in no way be classed as a sport, it's wicked fun going sideways round corners.
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:47pm

musket wrote: A Sense of Humour

Oh, the irony. :thumbsup:
Malcy
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:53pm

MattV wrote: While drifting should in no way be classed as a sport, it's wicked fun going sideways round corners.

I used to scare myself shitless on gravel roads in the Palmy region back in the day. It was fun!

But this one time in the Pohongina valley, I managed to rearrange my folks Ford Laser. Right hand corner, then drifted to the left and smacked into a strainer post. Oops.

It never did end up with a sorted steering arm on the left. :thumbsup:
Malcy

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Oct/08 7:58pm

MattV wrote: While drifting should in no way be classed as a sport, it's wicked fun going sideways round corners.

Now that agree with. We used to have fun events in the car club and one was these ever decreasing circles. I would set the back of the car up hard and spend the day going sidewaaaaaaays. Great fun, bit hard on tyres though.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Oct/08 8:00pm

Malcy wrote:
musket wrote: A Sense of Humour

Oh, the irony. :thumbsup:

:lol:
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby MattV on Fri 10/Oct/08 8:10pm

Spokes wrote:

Now that agree with. We used to have fun events in the car club and one was these ever decreasing circles. I would set the back of the car up hard and spend the day going sidewaaaaaaays. Great fun, bit hard on tyres though.

A mate decided to scare the sh!t out of me in his Holden VT wagon on the way to get pizza :lol:
MattV

Postby Malcy on Fri 10/Oct/08 8:15pm

Did he reach for your gearknob? :lol:

ha ha ha
Malcy

Postby MattV on Fri 10/Oct/08 8:30pm

No, but I was flung so far to the left i'd be well out of reach. :D
MattV

Postby istepinyards on Fri 10/Oct/08 8:42pm

Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Still it appeals to mullet wearing VB swilling yobbo's and it has an audience so its a sport that deserves what it has.

Least there not watching golf.
I agree that is exactly the demographic the PGA Tour does not want. They want affluent middle aged career orientated viewers because thats what brings them revenue. V8 Supercars has their demographic and its one they do well.
Again happy to help you out Spokes.
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby nostromo on Fri 10/Oct/08 9:04pm

istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Still it appeals to mullet wearing VB swilling yobbo's and it has an audience so its a sport that deserves what it has.

I agree that is exactly the demographic the PGA Tour does not want. They want affluent middle aged career orientated viewers because thats what brings them revenue. V8 Supercars has their demographic and its one they do well.

I don't think V8 supercar racing really has that big a following does it? Bathurst is an exception, it really is a classic course, and the drivers are desperate so there is
much more drama happening than at the other races.

But plenty of it is pure drivel the Bahrain round or wherever it was...amazingly dull.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Oct/08 9:43pm

istepinyards wrote: They want affluent middle aged career orientated viewers because thats what brings them revenue.

You mean fat old guys that cant handle anything intresting?
Spokes

Postby istepinyards on Fri 10/Oct/08 9:52pm

Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote: They want affluent middle aged career orientated viewers because thats what brings them revenue.

You mean fat old guys that cant handle anything intresting?
Yep :thumbsup: Bread and Butter ;) Money in the bank for sponsors and players
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 11/Oct/08 7:39am

1 more sleep......
Spokes

Postby wachtourak on Sat 11/Oct/08 8:46am

nostromo wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:

I don't think V8 supercar racing really has that big a following does it? Bathurst is an exception, it really is a classic course, and the drivers are desperate so there is
much more drama happening than at the other races.

But plenty of it is pure drivel the Bahrain round or wherever it was...amazingly dull.

V8 Supercars is pretty big worldwide, broadcast all over North and South America, Asia, Europe etc.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts