Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby Wobbler on Tue 12/Oct/10 4:56pm

Spyder wrote:
Wobbler wrote:wah wah pushrods suck


And yet can be surprisingly effective.


but dont you realise how much better the racing would be if they all had overhead cams!?! I mean wow, it would just be better!111
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby wachtourak on Tue 12/Oct/10 6:20pm

MOAR CAMZ
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby j2hyde on Tue 12/Oct/10 7:00pm

I reckon they should race tractors. Same technology as the falcodores.
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby dented on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:43pm

philstar wrote: . . . . but evern pre 65 racing allows DOHC engins :)

err, so long as the engine block and cylinder head were both cast prior to December 1965. Whats your point?
dented
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby Wobbler on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:47pm

it has more cams therefore it is better, regardless of how poxy pre 1965 heads are they must be better than any pushrod head ever made
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby surfbum on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:50pm

and why would that be have you never seen some of the aftermarket v8 heads or drag motor heads?
Wobbler wrote:it has more cams therefore it is better, regardless of how poxy pre 1965 heads are they must be better than any pushrod head ever made
surfbum
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby Wobbler on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:54pm

because they have more cams! duuuuuuuuh
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby surfbum on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:56pm

you seem to be quite lacking in your knowledge
Wobbler wrote:because they have more cams! duuuuuuuuh
surfbum
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby Wobbler on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:57pm

perhaps my sarcasm isn't blatant enough?
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby dented on Tue 12/Oct/10 9:59pm

Keep trying Wobs :thumbsup:

Say the one again about how it must be better because it has more cams
dented
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby wuffy on Tue 12/Oct/10 10:00pm

Wobbler wrote:perhaps my sarcasm isn't blatant enough?

Needs moar "?!/21/?!?!?12/?@?@1/1"
wuffy
Member for: 5 years 3 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby Wobbler on Tue 12/Oct/10 10:01pm

no u :angry:
dented wrote:Keep trying Wobs :thumbsup:

Say the one again about how it must be better because it has more cams
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby surfbum on Tue 12/Oct/10 10:03pm

i find it interesting that people think v8 supercars lack technology they're bristling with it and gone are the days of 3 or 4 lap victoies
surfbum
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby j2hyde on Tue 12/Oct/10 10:13pm

Modern tractors are pretty high tech too. :)
j2hyde
User avatar
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Bathurst 2010

Postby slumdog on Wed 13/Oct/10 1:14pm

surfbum wrote:i find it interesting that people think v8 supercars lack technology they're bristling with it and gone are the days of 3 or 4 lap victoies


IMO, the technology is even, which is why the 3 or 4 lap victories are gone to a large extent. As with all racing though, those that develop/test/invest the most are at the top.

Still stand by my comment that the technology is brutal. This does not mean it is not there or that it is not effective. Essentially the adjustments available are like NASCAR, and both catergories are very successful. The engines are powerful, and it takes tweaking to get the best from them, but again, they are nothing fancy. That doesn't mean it's not good though. They are fast, powerful and reliable. Not often you see one blow these days. Remember Radisich's blowing near the end some time ago...

Same for the suspension adjustments and drivetrain. Essentially the adjustments available are like NASCAR except aero (roll centres, rollbars, shock damping, rebound, spring rate, tyre pressures etc) and both catergories are very successful. I believe this is because of the one/limited make aspect and the even rules.

So perhaps the lack of ultimate 'pushing the boundries' technology is what makes for the good close(r) racing, because it is more even.

The safety aspect is top notch though, displayed amazingly by Coultard's crash.

Not in my opinion, but it may very well be the best racing category in the world. But I'll not concede that the cars are the most technologically advanced. Not in reference to you surfbum, but some people think the cars are the ultimate racing machines, and it makes me laugh. Category maybe, cars, probably not. Even comparing to other road car based categories, the DTM is probably more advanced overall.

Still, I enjoy it, and watch regularly, and Bathurst is a pilgrimage I will make one day.

My opinion of course, but my blood doesn't run Holden Blue or Ford Red. Oh no wait.. :lol:
slumdog
Member for: 4 years 2 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

38 Users browsing this website: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Kev, Majestic-12 [Bot], nostromo, psbot [Picsearch], Scotty, Yahoo [Bot] and 27 guests

VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Butterfly Customs
  • GT Bicycles
  • Vorb Shop