Top down or bottom up?

Top down
11%
Bottom up
68%
No one cares roadie scum
21%

Total voters : 28

Re: Bar Tape Wrapping; Top Down Or Bottom Up?

Postby Rik on Mon 13/Jul/15 9:37pm

Chickenman wrote:Oh, and don't use the poxy finishing tape supplied with your new tape, a good quality insulation is the go.

What is all that about, eh. Many times I have tried to use the finishing tape supplied, it is just useless. Why bother? just stick a label on the box saying *Finishing tape not included. Even cheap electrical tape is better.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Chickenman on Mon 13/Jul/15 10:08pm

I actually have no idea why finishing tape is so poxy. Insulation tape also allows the ability to do other cool things too, such as a highlight.

Unfortunately, my tape is due for replacement so the current finish is 'tired'. But you get the idea.

Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Chickenman on Mon 13/Jul/15 10:11pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Chickenman wrote:Yeah OP, tape bottom up, it's to stop the tape rolling over when you hold the bars above the hoods (your body weight tries to force your hands to slip down over the lip rolling it over). Just keep lots of tension on the tape to help prevent unraveling. And as Wachy said, if the end of the roll is cut on an angle you'll have a flush finish too. Oh, and don't use the poxy finishing tape supplied with your new tape, a good quality insulation is the go.

Chickenman!! :thumbsup:

Oh hai!
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Cycling - Latest Posts