Re: Autumn Coesus Mission

Postby DogsBollocks on Fri 7/May/10 7:49pm

Brokendown wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:
Brokendown wrote:
AdamMTB wrote:Where have you moved to Brokendown?

Quite a number of Coasters keen on Mountain Biking. Check out http://www.bullermtb.com a number of us did the Croesus track a couple of weeks ago. Even after a spat of wet weather and a drizzly day it was a good ride.

Plenty of good rides around!

I've moved to Kotuku just out of Greymouth got some massive forestry blocks on my doorstep to explore but have been looking for some single track to spice things up a bit I know its out there just trying to find it. Thanks for the Buller link looks like theres some good riding up that way.

Kotuku ! Jebus, which house ?

Grey house behind some trees on Blair Rd Just down from the new house thats been Built

Nice. I know where you are. Our family is from that side of the hill.
Spent many a fine Xmas in Kotuku. Lately we been staying in the 2nd house on left if you turn left @ the old school. Lots of great fire breaks around there. Get dropped of at Mitchells (or ride around to the other side of the lake :crazy: ) and follow the single track around to Bain Bay then bush bash into the forest. Or check out the old mining tracks @ Nelson Creek. Magic. Some great riding in there IMHO.

FYI. In the 50's there was enough population in Kotuku for a senior rugby team and quite a few junior sides. Bit different now eh ! Enjoy the area. You can't beat a good day on the Coast :p
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Brokendown on Fri 14/May/10 10:52am

Looks like theres going to be a small window of opportunity to do the Creosus and not get rained on. So its an early start tomorrow really excited haven't really done anything this big before, just the lower part of Craigeburn and a pretty sweet run out at nelson creek. Super psyched about taking it up a notch hopefully the weather will hold and make for a pretty epic day. Thanks to all who replied to my original post sure are a friendly bunch around here.
Brokendown
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Fri 14/May/10 11:03am

Brokendown wrote:Looks like theres going to be a small window of opportunity to do the Creosus and not get rained on. So its an early start tomorrow really excited haven't really done anything this big before, just the lower part of Craigeburn and a pretty sweet run out at nelson creek. Super psyched about taking it up a notch hopefully the weather will hold and make for a pretty epic day. Thanks to all who replied to my original post sure are a friendly bunch around here.

Tip, Ice cold Glass jugs of Montieths Gold at the Hilton on the way home. Brilliant. have a great day :)
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Brokendown on Fri 14/May/10 11:07am

Tip, Ice cold Glass jugs of Montieths Gold at the Hilton on the way home. Brilliant. have a great day :)[/quote]

Its getting a bit wintery so I think a Montieth's Black might be the way to go. :)
Brokendown

Postby Trail on Fri 14/May/10 12:19pm

There's a bunch of people I know who are planning on getting in there next weekend.

Have fun in there, and dont be put off by the first couple of km of track. It starts a lot more hard out than what most of the track is actually like :lol:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Brokendown on Tue 18/May/10 10:15am

Thanks to all those who responded my first Croesus attempt was an epic failure. The only thing that went right was the weather, due to a number of factors turned into a ride up run out mission ending just on nightfall. Partner got to ride it said it was awesome coming down. Oh well life goes on hopefully I'll be back up there soon enough.
Brokendown

Postby onyabike on Tue 18/May/10 3:45pm

all the more reason to go back again! make sure to put it on here again too please. may be able to swing it tagging along.
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Cycling | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Riding | West Coast - Latest Posts