Postby Jim on Tue 4/Dec/07 7:14pm

Thats going some if you want that time.

Good luck to ya for it.
Jim
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby sweet_P on Tue 4/Dec/07 7:19pm

X_to_the_Y wrote: any weather experts out there? not sure what time of year would be best.

Well, not spring time - most windy time of year! Maybe autumn? Not so hot, before the howling winter southerly changes kick in...

I'm sure Jo or I will be able to keep an eye on forecasts for you closer to your time of racing! :)
sweet_P
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:27pm

Just sit in Auckland til a massive southerly storm hits the country, and fang it
SlackBoy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby sifter on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:28pm

SlackBoy wrote: Just sit in Auckland til a massive southerly storm hits the country, and fang it

What's all this talk of Southerlies?! I'm pretty sure Thomas would prefer riding with a nice Northerly up his backside... :eh:
sifter
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby sweet_P on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:29pm

SlackBoy wrote: Just sit in Auckland til a massive southerly storm hits the country, and fang it

You know that would be a headwind don't you? ;)
sweet_P

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:29pm

sifter wrote:

What's all this talk of Southerlies?! I'm pretty sure Thomas would prefer riding with a nice Northerly up his backside... :eh:
Now what you see there is me just making sure your all awake :paranoid:
SlackBoy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby dented on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:30pm

:lol:
dented
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:30pm

SlackBoy wrote:
sifter wrote:

I'm plenty awake ;) Apparently your not :D
sifter
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Jim on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:30pm

SlackBoy wrote:
sifter wrote:

No, we see you making a fool out of yourself. Want a spade to dig yourself a bigger hole? :) ;)
Jim
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby sweet_P on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:32pm

He actually had me doubting myself for a second there... Seeing as he's always right and everything... :D
sweet_P

Postby X_to_the_Y on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:37pm

:) :)

anyway i was thinking of hanging out in eather Auckland or Wellington for a bit to go at the ideal time.

Autumn mite be ideal. I will be training hard for the worlds.
X_to_the_Y
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 4/Dec/07 9:39pm

X_to_the_Y wrote: cheers everyone.

I have found Lambert cycles number. will give him a call.

Sounds like this has not been attemted in a while. it will not be a easy task.

getting in and out of welly and auckland could be interesting.

timeing could be everything as well. get a howling southerly tail wind and its all on. but if its head wind it wont be fun. any weather experts out there? not sure what time of year would be best.

say its 650km. to break the record by half an hour the time to aim for is 19 and half hours. this means a average of 33.33km/h. hmmmm

To get out of Auckland you would need to start very early in the morning, thats what the old race used to do. I had some mates that used to the race and they would hire a campervan and take a ciropractor.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 4/Dec/07 11:01pm

wobbly01 wrote: Forget aucland to wellington, cape reianga to bluff is where its at. I met a guy who held that record the other night apparently it took him about 6 days including the ferry.

Current record holder is one Colin Anderson of Palmerston North, really nice guy too, amazing super enduro athelete
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 4/Dec/07 11:05pm

X_to_the_Y wrote: .

getting in and out of welly and auckland could be interesting.

say its 650km. to break the record by half an hour the time to aim for is 19 and half hours. this means a average of 33.33km/h. hmmmm

Getting out of auckland will mean a very early start, getting into welly is easy peasy, work does a semi regular palmy to welly ride, from the shop to the intercontinental, gettin into welly is easy, down the expressway, off at porirua at memory, across the glenside hill, down the nauranga gorge and onto surface streets at the bottom
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby X_to_the_Y on Tue 4/Dec/07 11:13pm

pushbikerider wrote:
wobbly01 wrote: Forget aucland to wellington, cape reianga to bluff is where its at. I met a guy who held that record the other night apparently it took him about 6 days including the ferry.

Current record holder is one Colin Anderson of Palmerston North, really nice guy too, amazing super enduro athelete

in 4 days 17 hours and 40 min i think.

he was a the 4 lapper of Taupo. did get a chance to talk to him as he was not in the early break away group and they wer the only poeple i rode with.

a very early start sounds a good idea.
X_to_the_Y
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts