Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Muppet Patroler on Tue 29/Mar/11 9:53pm

jeyboi wrote:I'm heading up for the Moonride. I'd planned on the 12 hour solo, but the opportunity to smash gn.buys in the 6 hour solo is too good to pass up! :D

A cunning plan could be you "do a Buysman" and enter 12 hour but "borrow" another transponder and number plate from another 6 hour rider and win both :sneaky:

Now thats just being stooopid I know, but I do wonder whether you can actually enter both races (by paying) and compete for both titles?

Its not "age grade" either is it, solo grade is open men/women?

I do remember reading somewhere that John Stamsted entered as a team many years ago (when they started 12hr/24 hour events in the states) as he wasn't allowed to enter as a solo (he won too from memory = legend :thumbsup: )
Muppet Patroler
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby xc_cruiser on Mon 16/May/11 4:05pm

jeyboi wrote:I'm heading up for the Moonride. I'd planned on the 12 hour solo, but the opportunity to smash gn.buys in the 6 hour solo is too good to pass up! :D

Sooo out of curiosity who won the battle at the Moonride?? :hmmm:
xc_cruiser

Postby struggling on Mon 16/May/11 4:22pm

THE MUD WON ON THE DAY
struggling

Postby Datsane on Mon 16/May/11 4:26pm

I hear 3rd place isn't bad.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Focker on Mon 16/May/11 7:16pm

xc_cruiser wrote:

Sooo out of curiosity who won the battle at the Moonride?? :hmmm:

...yeah was wondering that myself....GN Buys top 3 and only elite level rider + the freak in front so not bad for a 50+ er(and in the conditions I hear were not flash). Maybe results are a cock up like last year....enlighten us please someone, as maybe Geoff did what he said he would and someone eats else eats humble pie :D

Hey struggling re solo 12 hour ride - good on ya mate for top 3 - not really struggling eh Smithy ;) :thumbsup: ! Got to be happy with that (and no broken bike this year either?). Maybe jeyboi won the 12 hour??

Looks like Hammers generally had good results all round in all grades etc - great work all :thumbsup:
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby struggling on Mon 16/May/11 9:18pm

humble pie isnt always that nice when you have to cook your own, and yes andrew 3 rd is alright on a singlespeed
struggling

Postby Datsane on Mon 16/May/11 10:04pm

:lol: SS and solo seem to be a good combo.
Nice work :thumbsup: You best have been wearing your team jersey on the stage to.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby struggling on Mon 16/May/11 10:20pm

yeh i indeed was, just about had tear stains on it when i got a flat tyre though at around 6hrs. ther should be shop jerseys and then team jerseys.
struggling

Postby Datsane on Mon 16/May/11 10:33pm

Remember its the no cuts team :)
So to keep me safe :lol:

We could make a sticker for your helmet.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Mon 16/May/11 11:18pm

Don't you take piss Datsane .... was in a cetain shop today and the DNT was mentioned in the same breath as a Team. I kind of volunteered you for the first 2 hours and the last 2 hours of a 2 man 6hr team :sly:
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby struggling on Tue 17/May/11 6:30am

hahhaha russell the next ride is now about 4 mnths out, you should getting him out now for his 2x2hr stint, yeh andrew it is a "no cuts" team as we need a team manager :p and mate there is totally no way you will get a sticker on that pretty helmet of mine .
struggling

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 17/May/11 7:11am

RussS wrote:Don't you take piss Datsane .... was in a cetain shop today and the DNT was mentioned in the same breath as a Team. I kind of volunteered you for the first 2 hours and the last 2 hours of a 2 man 6hr team :sly:

don't you be offering that rooster a soft option. :hmmm:

Datsane has been promising for about 3 years that he will do a 12 solo, about time he delivered :lol:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby RussS on Tue 17/May/11 7:58am

slidecontrol wrote:Datsane has been promising for about 3 years that he will do a 12 solo, about time he delivered :lol:

Well, the other option mentioned was 6hr Solo .... CX style, but hey Slidey I agree - time he fronted on a 12hr Solo jaunt :sly:
RussS

Postby Datsane on Tue 17/May/11 11:10am

RussS wrote:
slidecontrol wrote:Datsane has been promising for about 3 years that he will do a 12 solo, about time he delivered :lol:

Well, the other option mentioned was 6hr Solo .... CX style, but hey Slidey I agree - time he fronted on a 12hr Solo jaunt :sly:
I was going to say 12hrs or nothing. 6hrs would be boring.
If the Velo CX team falls* over I'll Solo 12hr, with working I have the spare cash now :)

Slidey its been 2 years and only missed last year because of funds :p

I'm team manager Struggling you all suck do better :lol:
"No touching my helmet" isn't what you said last time :crazy:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Tue 17/May/11 12:27pm

The only person that touches my helmet is me.

The Bell helmet that is - the purple helmet is allowed to be touched by the female persuasion :sly:
RussS

Auckland MTB Club | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Events | Hamilton MTB Club | Mountain Biking | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts