Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Joel on Mon 28/Mar/11 9:28pm

:lol:
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby ThingOne on Mon 28/Mar/11 9:57pm

DaveAldred wrote:It is how long I've been in NZ. Feels a lot longer.

I might celebrate by having a lunch at Aldred Mansions.

We can't afford to cater for everyone though, so we might have to make it a Buysman.


Damn, I'd say bring a plate, but that gags been done.
ThingOne
User avatar
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby DaveAldred on Mon 28/Mar/11 10:17pm

Thunderbird pioneered the gag on the previous page. But I think it is the right thing to do, to continue it until we can pass the mantle of the gag onto our great grandkids and embed it firmly into mtb folklore.

I went to the movies tonight with my wife. She had a headache so I thought it best to support her in there, so I found an old ticket in my wallet and managed to pull off a Buysman.
DaveAldred
User avatar
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby okbyik on Mon 28/Mar/11 10:32pm

Muppet Patroler wrote:
cruiser wrote:
FYI the 50+ record for Poti is 2:45 ish by a very fast Wellingtonian....on your current Eddy Merckx cannibal style winning streak form, you should be able eat that for breakfast next year? :rolleyes:


are you suggesting he should spoon me before the race; sounds like scary carbo loading to me.
okbyik
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Muppet Patroler on Tue 29/Mar/11 8:30am

okbyik wrote:
Muppet Patroler wrote:
cruiser wrote:
FYI the 50+ record for Poti is 2:45 ish by a very fast Wellingtonian....on your current Eddy Merckx cannibal style winning streak form, you should be able eat that for breakfast next year? :rolleyes:


are you suggesting he should spoon me before the race; sounds like scary carbo loading to me.


Don't know about the spooning.....but all I know is Geoff would be bringing a plate (like your work Thunderbird 1 :thumbsup: ) and dining out on someone elses result who had actually entered
Buysmen wrote:I was riding with a friend but If you see where Thingone got, I'd be waaaay ahead of that


p.s This whole thread is pure gold entertainment, thanks for laughs peeps (and Geoff) :thumbsup:

DaveAldred wrote:We can't afford to cater for everyone though, so we might have to make it a Buysman.


:lol:
Muppet Patroler
User avatar
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Nick_K on Tue 29/Mar/11 9:31am

ThunderBird 1 wrote:Apparently the afternoon tea is all sorted too....just bring your own PLATE..!!

I love this website, glad I joined.



I'm glad you joined too. Comedy gold :D
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Joel on Tue 29/Mar/11 9:48am

a genuine Buysman is to take someone elses plate, and then feed your face at afternoon tea..while complaining that the plate was too small and not enough food put on.
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby thelivo on Tue 29/Mar/11 10:24am

:D

"Doing a Buysman" - brilliant!
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Joel on Tue 29/Mar/11 11:18am

full credit to whom ever can slip the term "Doing a Buysman" into a spoke article...
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby trancemaster on Tue 29/Mar/11 4:04pm

Good grief
you All do way 2 much typing & whinging - and no riding ?

so much for the rumoured demise of the Great Kiwi 'Tall Poppy' Knocking Machine.

GB -
1 well done on involvement making Te aroha trails - ive ridden them 4 x and they are fab
2 if you organised the Goat - cheers - im sure theres mega hours involved
3 well done on your results - should be an inspiration at 50 or 60 odd?.

but
with racing (prob like boxing) dont skite 2 much there always sumone better around the corner ...
fyi the Colville 72 is on "public roads" . but learn this lesson and next time pay.
yr comments on the lay-deeze were misplaced . . ..

now get over it All.

lobby for some new trails, or go organise yr own race.
trancemaster
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby crossalis on Tue 29/Mar/11 4:29pm

trancemaster wrote:Good grief
you All do way 2 much typing & whinging - and no riding ?

so much for the rumoured demise of the Great Kiwi 'Tall Poppy' Knocking Machine.

GB -
1 well done on involvement making Te aroha trails - ive ridden them 4 x and they are fab
2 if you organised the Goat - cheers - im sure theres mega hours involved
3 well done on your results - should be an inspiration at 50 or 60 odd?.

but
with racing (prob like boxing) dont skite 2 much there always sumone better around the corner ...
fyi the Colville 72 is on "public roads" . but learn this lesson and next time pay.
yr comments on the lay-deeze were misplaced . . ..

now get over it All.

lobby for some new trails, or go organise yr own race.


Ummm I think you may find that most of the people who are posting here in fact ride, race, trail build and organise races! :lol:

czech my stats: I race, ride, trail build, organise races and pay to enter races!

AL
crossalis
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Colin on Tue 29/Mar/11 4:37pm

crossalis wrote:czech my stats: I race, ride, trail build, organise races and pay to enter races!

AL

:lol: :thumbsup:
Colin
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby jeyboi on Tue 29/Mar/11 6:01pm

trancemaster wrote:Good grief
you All do way 2 much typing & whinging - and no riding ?


Definitely.
jeyboi
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby jimmymic on Tue 29/Mar/11 9:17pm

:cry: don't let it end. I haven't been on here for ages and was beginning to be inspired again.
jimmymic
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Te Aroha Mtb Goat Challenge 2011

Postby Focker on Tue 29/Mar/11 9:31pm

crossalis wrote:
trancemaster wrote:Good grief
you All do way 2 much typing & whinging - and no riding ?

so much for the rumoured demise of the Great Kiwi 'Tall Poppy' Knocking Machine.

GB -
1 well done on involvement making Te aroha trails - ive ridden them 4 x and they are fab
2 if you organised the Goat - cheers - im sure theres mega hours involved
3 well done on your results - should be an inspiration at 50 or 60 odd?.

but
with racing (prob like boxing) dont skite 2 much there always sumone better around the corner ...
fyi the Colville 72 is on "public roads" . but learn this lesson and next time pay.
yr comments on the lay-deeze were misplaced . . ..

now get over it All.

lobby for some new trails, or go organise yr own race.


Ummm I think you may find that most of the people who are posting here in fact ride, race, trail build and organise races! :lol:

czech my stats: I race, ride, trail build, organise races and pay to enter races!

AL


:baaa: (including organising one of the first race series GB competed in ;) )
Focker
User avatar
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Auckland MTB Club | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Events | Hamilton MTB Club | Mountain Biking | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts

Who is online

73 Users browsing this website: AgrAde, DotBot, Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 69 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles