Calendar Event: March 25, 2012

Te Aroha Goat Challenge Race 2012

Postby turns on Thu 1/Dec/11 2:37pm

Te Aroha Goat Challenge
Sunday March 25th 2012 Te Aroha
9am start

Come to beautiful Te Aroha and ride our mountain bike trails under the mountain. You can pitch a tent or small camp site on the edge of the race track. Team change-over or support.
Nearby Hot Pools, Spa and Café’s.

Race Brief at 8.45am. Race Start for all Classes at 9am. Solo riders or teams of 3 will rotate on a 20min (approx) circuit on the lower Te Aroha tracks sweeping past the finish line & your team site each lap. At the 3hr close off the rider can complete the lap and have that lap recorded to place. Rider change can happen anywhere within the marked area. The rider number must be changed to the next rider’s bike. The course is a grade 2-3 with about 80m of elevation each lap. Marshalls or tape will mark all trails. Road rules apply when using roadway. In teams each rider must complete at least one lap. Trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd, Loads of spot prizes. You are welcome to pitch a tent/umbrella or create a small team site at your change over. Anything that comes in must leave with you. No alcohol or smoking is allowed in the public Domain. Ample parking is available near the Domain. Enjoy the pools and the Domain Café. Registration: OPEN from 7.30am till 8.30a on the day Te Aroha .
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Te Aroha Goat Challenge Race 2012

Postby Tanasi on Mon 23/Jan/12 9:16pm

I'd definitely think about coming again, but having done the 2011 event, I never saw the results. I emailed the organisers but had no reply. Not sure if I want to do a race when I cannot see how I did.

Sorry but these are things riders look at when doing events.
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby turns on Fri 27/Jan/12 11:02am

Results 2011.......

Master Mens Solo
Ian Robertson 9 laps
Andrew Blanchard 8 laps

Solo Men
Geoff Buysman 13 laps
Liam Binns-Conroy 11 laps
Peter Gardner 11 laps

Mens Team
Josh & Conner 13 laps
Carl, Chris & Tony 12 laps
Wade & Paul 12 laps

Solo Women
Marguerite Ritchie 10 laps
Danielle Gemmell 8 laps

this year I've purchased a Ipad app which will give race updates, results, times etc as soon as the race is over, however to make it easier for us on the day it would be great to have entries before the race day, so we can load info into the Race system database.........and if you would like the results emailed then a email address will be required :)
I hope this clears up the mistake made regarding the posting of results.

Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Tanasi on Tue 31/Jan/12 9:09pm

Thanks Turns.

Looking forward to it. Will definitely make the trip down.
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Auckland MTB Club | Auckland Region | Bay of Plenty | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Hamilton MTB Club | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua MTB Club | Tauranga | Upper North Island - Latest Posts