Te Aroha Goat Challenge March 25th 2012

Postby turns on Mon 7/Nov/11 1:47pm

Te Aroha Goat Challenge
Sunday March 25th 2012 Te Aroha
9am start

goat2012.JPG

2012goatrace.pdf
Downloaded 111 times

Come to beautiful Te Aroha and ride our mountain bike trails under the mountain. You can pitch a tent or small camp site on the edge of the race track. Team change-over or support.
Nearby Hot Pools, Spa and Café’s.

Race Brief at 8.45am. Race Start for all Classes at 9am. Solo riders or teams of 3 will rotate on a 20min (approx) circuit on the lower Te Aroha tracks sweeping past the finish line & your team site each lap. At the 3hr close off the rider can complete the lap and have that lap recorded to place. Rider change can happen anywhere within the marked area. The rider number must be changed to the next rider’s bike. The course is a grade 2-3 with about 80m of elevation each lap. Marshalls or tape will mark all trails. Road rules apply when using roadway. In teams each rider must complete at least one lap. Trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd, Loads of spot prizes. You are welcome to pitch a tent/umbrella or create a small team site at your change over. Anything that comes in must leave with you. No alcohol or smoking is allowed in the public Domain. Ample parking is available near the Domain. Enjoy the pools and the Domain Café. Registration: OPEN from 7.30am till 8.30a on the day Te Aroha .
Last edited by turns on Thu 12/Jan/12 10:50am, edited 4 times in total.
turns
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Re: Te Aroha Goat Challenge March 25th 2012

Postby Muppet Patroler on Mon 7/Nov/11 9:55pm

looks like a cool event on great trails :thumbsup:

......interesting age groups though???
14 years+ for open classes (gotta feel sorry for the young fellas) and 45+ for masters - WTF? Do a few local riders want to win masters or something :sly: 52+ maybe better? :D

IMO go for 17+ for open and maybe 35+ for masters (like the good ole days) for a better distrubution of the ages and to attract more entrants.....just saying
Muppet Patroler
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby brownmeat on Tue 8/Nov/11 8:29am

do we have to pay to enter or can we just join in on the day?
brownmeat
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby Conners on Tue 8/Nov/11 9:00am

brownmeat wrote:do we have to pay to enter or can we just join in on the day?

:D

Someone had to.....
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby ThingOne on Tue 8/Nov/11 9:31am

Damn would have been keen too have a go in Masters, but sadly am too young. :paranoid:
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby turns on Tue 8/Nov/11 11:19am

Hi, point taken regarding age groups, will bring groupings inline with whats the norm? just like keeping it simple but we need to keep it fair also.

bikenz,
For mountain biking, there are three masters race categories: 30-39 years, 40-49 years and 50+ years.

per payment is always best for running the event.

If you feel like helping then please let me KNOW.
cheers
turns
Last edited by turns on Tue 8/Nov/11 11:34am, edited 2 times in total.
turns

Postby znomit on Tue 8/Nov/11 11:31am

brownmeat wrote:do we have to pay to enter or can we just join in on the day?

What are your stats? :ib:
znomit
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby turns on Tue 8/Nov/11 11:39am

My Stats?
I run the local MTB Club in Te Aroha and have ran this event for the last three years.
I mountain bike (race sometimes) and race BMX's.
does that help?
turns

Postby Cabin on Tue 8/Nov/11 1:45pm

You may want to start with having "Open" age group beginning from 19+. Hardly fair to have a 14yr old racing adults (unless they are anton of course).

No need for masses of categories that get really tedious with 15 different categories.... So how about keeping it simple with.... Junior (U19), Open (19-39), Masters (40+).

Don't czech my stats..... I never win anything anyway
Cabin
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby turns on Tue 8/Nov/11 3:02pm

depending on numbers in each group. this should work but it's always good to find out what people are thinking. I do agree on the KISS format, much easy to manage a few classes......
as it stands this will be the format.
U20 men
20-39 men
40-49 men
50-59 men
60+ men
U20 women
20-39 women
40-49 women
50-59 women
60+ women
Single speed men
Single speed women
Woman’s Team of 3 (14yrs +)
Men’s Team of 3 (14yrs +)
Mixed Team of 3 (14yrs+)
turns

Postby Mel on Tue 8/Nov/11 4:09pm

Will there be a separate kids (e.g. 5 year olds) race at any stage during the day?
Mel
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Tue 8/Nov/11 4:50pm

turns wrote:My Stats?
I run the local MTB Club in Te Aroha and have ran this event for the last three years.
I mountain bike (race sometimes) and race BMX's.
does that help?

As organiser of this event, congratulations on providing one of the most entertaining threads of the year on Vorb :thumbsup:

It's not often that a new phrase is coined, but for many Vorbii, "doing a Buysman" is now well ingrained in our psyche.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby trancemaster on Wed 9/Nov/11 12:40pm

Good on ya turns, massive work involved in running an event. Hope to be there.
trancemaster
Member for: 5 years 10 months

Postby struggling on Wed 9/Nov/11 7:32pm

yes well done turns, if it is as good as last year it will be great, but no doult it will be better, looking forward to it
struggling

Postby Muppet Patroler on Mon 21/Nov/11 1:17pm

turns wrote:depending on numbers in each group. this should work but it's always good to find out what people are thinking. I do agree on the KISS format, much easy to manage a few classes......
as it stands this will be the format.
U20 men
20-39 men
40-49 men
50-59 men
60+ men
U20 women
20-39 women
40-49 women
50-59 women
60+ women
Single speed men
Single speed women
Woman’s Team of 3 (14yrs +)
Men’s Team of 3 (14yrs +)
Mixed Team of 3 (14yrs+)

Yeah that maybe too many classes turns - maybe go for what Cabin suggested, otherwise whoever is making the trophies will have a bit of work to do (unless GNBuys just makes them only for his age category of course :D (heard a rumour the Auck champs 50+ trophies looked mint yesterday, pity about the other age groups missing out on Geoff's handy work ;))
Muppet Patroler
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"

Adventure Racing | Auckland MTB Club | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Coromandel | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Hamilton MTB Club | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | Mountainbike Tauranga | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua MTB Club | Taupo | Taupo Region | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts