Re: Te Aroha Goat Challenge March 25th 2012

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:06am

dented wrote:Sweet! Im not entering but Im planning on riding the course to slipstream a mate of mine. Cant wait!

I'm going to ride, but only to show the ladies how to ride their bikes properly (I'm nice like that).

Can anyone post a photo of the race number plate? (I want to see if any I've already got are similar before I go making one from scratch)
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby dented on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:18am

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
dented wrote:Sweet! Im not entering but Im planning on riding the course to slipstream a mate of mine. Cant wait!

I'm going to ride, but only to show the ladies how to ride their bikes properly (I'm nice like that).

Can anyone post a photo of the race number plate? (I want to see if any I've already got are similar before I go making one from scratch)

Good idea, the ladies are always keen its just a shame they dont have the skills that us guys have.
Im using this as my template, looks pretty simple not much thought or cost has gone into it by the looks. See you there ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
goat challenge.jpg
dented
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:32am

Choices, choices....
moreplates.jpg
Dr. Fuentes

Postby .I. on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:51am

here ya go

the number of the beast.JPG

print and laminate :paranoid:
.I.
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:53am

That's pretty swish.

Are you some sort of event organiser? You must be, with skills like that.

Can you make trophies as well?
Dr. Fuentes

Postby .I. on Sat 3/Mar/12 10:02am

for which class and what place do you want yours ?
.I.
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby gn.buys on Sat 3/Mar/12 1:22pm

Why dont you use the plate with looser on it cause it seems you have a lot of plates and a photo from Taupo. And after taking that going back to sit with a real rider. You have lots of plates but no trophies to show. And maybe you should wear a dress while slip streaming its probably the only way you can ride. Good to see the vultures are still out there waiting for a bit fo bait to drop in on and wonder why they don't turn up to race. What the hell read this and bite back.
gn.buys
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 3/Mar/12 1:29pm

Epic bite bro
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby gn.buys on Sat 3/Mar/12 5:25pm

Whats at the top of everyone of these posts, yes TeAroha Goat Challenge and date. You read this pass it on to others and tell them to log onto this topic. What better way to advertise an event. Now all you have to do is turn up and race at the event and show that you are not full of it. This event is organised by the TeAroha mountain bike club, tracks are looking great at the moment, no damage from the latest storm so all should enjoy a great day. No slip streaming possible, your on a mountain bike riding bush single trails.
gn.buys

Postby gn.buys on Sat 3/Mar/12 9:11pm

dented wrote:
Dr. Fuentes wrote:

Good idea, the ladies are always keen its just a shame they dont have the skills that us guys have.
Im using this as my template, looks pretty simple not much thought or cost has gone into it by the looks. See you there ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You need to make up your mind "Dr", you either ride or you don't. And taking a stab at our race entry form is not the way to go either. It is very hard these days to get races organised and with a drop in numbers the dollars aren't there to spend. Improvise and use what you can and if you are a member of any club you will know that the same people are always doing the jobs. We could always ask you to take a few more photo's and maybe one of yourself for next year's race entry form. You would need to put your name under the pic for no body knows who you are Dave.
gn.buys

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sun 4/Mar/12 12:19am

I don't need to go into my stats.
Dr. Fuentes

Postby dented on Sun 4/Mar/12 7:01am

:D
dented

Postby thorg on Sun 4/Mar/12 7:28am

gn.buys wrote: It is very hard these days to get races organised and with a drop in numbers the dollars aren't there to spend.

Oh there is that. And then there are people about who enter races without paying, pretty scummy thing to do really, when the clubs and such go to such efforts.
gn.buys wrote: We could always ask you to take a few more photo's and maybe one of yourself for next year's race entry form. You would need to put your name under the pic for no body knows who you are Dave.

people know who he is, his name is on the bottom of those numbers he posted, which he uses for one race only. Otherwise he could be seriously stuffing up the safety of those events run by those hard working volunteers, eh?
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby gn.buys on Sun 4/Mar/12 5:57pm

Ever done the Colville ride, RIDE, its on public land and can be riden day or night. By helecopter or bike it was a support ride on a public road. It is also not a club that runs this event but a company that makes $$$$$ out of it. Bring your gripes to the Goat Challenge and thrash it out on the track. S/Speed the event and have a story to tell about it. Can you last the three hours of tech track fast flowing single trail and a bit of the TeAroha domain grounds.
gn.buys

Postby dented on Sun 4/Mar/12 7:12pm

Yes I believe he has, infact I saw him back in about '06 at Colville from memory. Both of us paid our entry that year too. Way to justify your errors :thumbsup:
dented

Adventure Racing | Auckland MTB Club | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Coromandel | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Hamilton MTB Club | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | Mountainbike Tauranga | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua MTB Club | Taupo | Taupo Region | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts