Re: Te Aroha Goat Challenge March 25th 2012

Postby turns on Fri 6/Jan/12 1:46pm

Under 3 months to go......new exit track in the making for the race, should keep the Walkers happy-ish, having trouble with MTBers riding on the walking track "Tui - Domain". Don't forget to check out the GUM ta NATIVE track worth a ride but not part of the race track?
turns
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby bobteamsprinter on Mon 16/Jan/12 10:28am

Can we use "gum to Native" track? please say we can :D haha.
love this event did it the frist 2 years. sadly missed it last year. but ill be back this year. ready to take on Carl and Geoff :satan:
bobteamsprinter
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Jonny Montaño on Fri 20/Jan/12 8:07am

Hi Turns,

I'm trying to sign up for the event at the moment, there seems to be a problem with the 20-39 y.o. men age group, it doesn't allow entries from men over 29, it would, however, allow me to enter as a lady!

Thanks

Jonny
Jonny Montaño
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby dented on Fri 20/Jan/12 3:02pm

Just do a buysman au
dented
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby turns on Fri 20/Jan/12 5:09pm

Hi, have updated age problem. should be ok I hope?
cheers
turns
turns

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Fri 20/Jan/12 5:13pm

dented wrote:Just do a buysman au
buysmanapprove.jpg
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby dented on Fri 20/Jan/12 5:28pm

Hey its the man himself! :D
dented

Postby turns on Sat 21/Jan/12 9:28am

The Te Aroha Goat Challenge Race

only nine weeks to go

small print............4 riders Constitutes a Class. Race Director has the right to Amalgamate.

happy weekend all
turns
turns

Postby Tanasi on Fri 27/Jan/12 8:10pm

Maybe in 2012 we will actually get the results posted somewhere..
Tanasi
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby turns on Sat 28/Jan/12 12:33pm

results
http://www.sportsground.co.nz/clubsite.asp?siteid=10984&pageid=36660&pagetypeid=1

this years results / times will be via race splitler, just hope the lions can handle using a IPAD instead of the good old pen and paper system we have been using.

cheers
turns
turns

Postby turns on Sat 11/Feb/12 12:13pm

Time to Register Online

Race track is looking very good

http://www.enteronline.co.nz/index.cfm?page=EventDetails&id=4745
turns

Postby turns on Fri 17/Feb/12 9:32am

The Te Aroha Goat Challenge Race

only 5 weeks to go

http://www.enteronline.co.nz/index.cfm?page=EventDetails&id=4745
turns

Postby gn.buys on Fri 2/Mar/12 8:54pm

Well this vorb site has been a bit quiet for a couple of weeks. Its time we fired it up again. Yes the Goat Challenge is on again with 3hrs of racing on the TeAroha mountain side and through the domain grounds with a kids ability course set up on the lower part of the domain. The race will see you head up out of the domain and into the MTBike park crossing creeks and riding lots of single trails. Plenty of room to pass once you have mastered the course so be patient on the first lap as to learn it. You will also ride a little new track used for the exit out of the park and down to the domain on each lap. It is a bit of a slog back up but the same for every rider and we have had sponsorship for this event and part of the deal is to use the domain grounds. We may not do as many laps as last year but each time you get up to the single trails you will forget the climb behind you. Lots of spotties up for grabs and something new will be a pits stop after the half way point. You have seen the NZ V8s and what they do with their wheel, well we will be doing something the same. Pit window open and up to you which lap you come in on. One change for all teams and single riders and we will accommodate for all bikes. Wheel off and flat on the ground and then back on the bike, get a felt pen mark on the hand to show for it. Just something different so do a little practice with the skewer setup. Will have a couple of spare bikes setup ready to go if you are running fixed axle or nuts to remove. It can be a very hot track to ride so come prepared for this and your team can set up a spot to refuel you. There will be a seperate area for the wheel pits and also for the team change over. After the race there is the domain pools to relax in or the private spa's to indulge in and hopefully no body has any major problems be it macanical or body. There will be first aid with St John's up at the water tanks and in the domain and as normal if anyone comes across anyone hurt it is upon them to give help. So thats about all to say and now with this weather storm heading this way this weekend there may be some work to do on the race track. For the day it will be well groomed and swept clean with some good fast lines to take and with all the boardwalks covered with mesh a lot safer this year. A few were cought out last year and slipped over on the timber. I will not provide you with super smooth track like Rotovagas but give you roots and rocks to ride over and around. It's called the Goat Challenge.
gn.buys
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby dented on Fri 2/Mar/12 9:51pm

Sweet! Im not entering but Im planning on riding the course to slipstream a mate of mine. Cant wait!
dented

Postby .I. on Fri 2/Mar/12 10:36pm

dented wrote:Sweet! Im not entering but Im planning on riding the course to slipstream a mate of mine. Cant wait!

I'll have cream and jam on my scones thanks
.I.
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Adventure Racing | Auckland MTB Club | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Coromandel | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Hamilton MTB Club | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | Mountainbike Tauranga | Multisport | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua MTB Club | Taupo | Taupo Region | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts