Are you a keen skier/boarder and mtb?

yes
89%
no
11%

Total voters : 37

Postby Chickie on Mon 3/Apr/06 8:49pm

I was a skier until I had an accident and hurt my knee, now I snowboard and was lucky enough o have a weeks boarding at Whistler over xmas

Bring on the snow :D
Chickie
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby thecharmed01 on Mon 3/Apr/06 9:04pm

Should do some boarding this year.

Both the boy and I both board and his family have a lodge they charge $10 a night for us to use (covers power/insurance/rates etc) and it sleeps about 14 with a couple in the lounge.
Good times if your after cheap mountain accomodation as its right near the base.

We will be heading up at least half a dozen times if anyone else is keen to go up?
thecharmed01
"Slave to Rogue"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby reido on Mon 3/Apr/06 10:02pm

Damm i thought the uni lodge was cheap! ;)
reido
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby JohnnyC on Mon 3/Apr/06 10:05pm

used to ski alot as a kid, tried boarding a couple of times, haven't hit the snow in a few years now though and I've been keen to get back into skiing but when the winters are so good I'd rather be biking!
JohnnyC
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby BrownHornet on Tue 4/Apr/06 9:00am

Been boarding since 1994. Usually get in about 20+ days each winter. More into backcountry riding these days - untracked powder, chutes and steeps. Mt Hutt sucks, go to temple basin, craigieburn, ohau and treble cone.
BrownHornet
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby BrownHornet on Tue 4/Apr/06 9:02am

Meating sounds quite fun but not sure about doing it with blokes.
BrownHornet

Postby Fraser on Tue 4/Apr/06 9:06am

Its on the same theme really, I love it when it's crap weather I look forward to Snowboarding and Riding when the weather bucks up. I have a Burton floater and an old Libtech board that I inherited. Snowboarding in soft bindings is nice because you can walk to the bar like a normal punter.
Fraser
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Coyote on Tue 4/Apr/06 9:54am

JohnnyC wrote: used to ski alot as a kid, tried boarding a couple of times, haven't hit the snow in a few years now though and I've been keen to get back into skiing but when the winters are so good I'd rather be biking!

Get some snow tyres, and then Ill race you down! Bike Vs. Skiier :sly:
Coyote
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby chchdher on Tue 4/Apr/06 5:28pm

hey sounds like a lot of people are into the snow here , has anyone got an early bird pass for mt hutt i got mine when they were only $250 , mint deal
chchdher
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby JohnnyC on Tue 4/Apr/06 6:50pm

Coyote wrote:
JohnnyC wrote: used to ski alot as a kid, tried boarding a couple of times, haven't hit the snow in a few years now though and I've been keen to get back into skiing but when the winters are so good I'd rather be biking!

I got some wetscreams which'll do for the snow race down south in a couple of months :thumbsup:
JohnnyC
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Coyote on Tue 4/Apr/06 7:26pm

Ill just ski down with you then :)
Coyote

Postby tombelgrano on Tue 4/Apr/06 7:35pm

Coyote wrote:

do you think they will let u ride on mt ruapehu
tombelgrano

Postby ant on Tue 4/Apr/06 7:44pm

any 1 here have a membership to a club up whakapapa, im getting a season pass this yea, been skiing since i was three.
ant
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Coyote on Tue 4/Apr/06 7:45pm

tombelgrano wrote:
Coyote wrote:

do you think they will let u ride on mt ruapehu
Aye? I am in chch, and so is JohnnyC. We go to MT.Hutt. Mt.Hutt has a mountain bike snow race there (you mountain bike down a hill with snow as your surface) And I am saying that I will race Johnny down on his bike while I on my Skiis. :thumbsup:
Coyote

Postby chchdher on Wed 5/Apr/06 7:39am

Hey coyote , when is this race your talking about , it sounds real mint . I hope they have another dualthlon like they did at Traeble cone where you ski down to the access road , and then take the dh trail to the bottom.
chchdher
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Sifting | Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts