Re: Are Boy Racers Really That Stupid?

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 22/Jun/12 10:37am

:withstupid:

sorry, was agreeing with the price of petrol comment :)
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 22/Jun/12 1:56pm

swtchbckr wrote:Such a load of bullshit this claim by the Govt that Boiraciers legislation has slowed the little fuckers down. they claim a 30% decrease in offences...

um, what percentage of the nz population of boiracers are in Christchurch? i'd estimate at LEAST 30%, so, the munted roads here have nothing to do with that decrease in offending???

Yes, we should export sections of munted road to be installed in other cities.

I thought boiracers were a side effect of poor government regulation of finance company asset valuations and lending ratios, and that the market has very savagely corrected what the govt failed to do. The govt should pull its head in and hope we don't make the connection.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby kiwi_zg on Fri 22/Jun/12 2:35pm

So after watching the boyracer car crush on TV the other night.

The car wrecking company spokesperson said they remove all the fluids and recyclable metals like cats, radiators, alloy wheels etc.
So who reaps the finanical gains of selling all the performance parts that are stripped off the car?
The car wreckers must be making a killing if they are gifted a car to crush.
kiwi_zg
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 22/Jun/12 4:23pm

my grrrl pointed out what a fucking waste that was. why dont they give the car to a nice poor family who could really use it rather than wasting all those resources crushing it... its such a media feeding stunt. and keeps the ignorant right of centre middleclass voters thinking something's happening when really fuck all is happening and the little drifting burnout punks are still getting up to their antics just as much as they were before. 30% drop in offending my arse. 30% less policing more like, too.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby dented on Fri 22/Jun/12 4:26pm

swtchbckr wrote:my grrrl pointed out what a fucking waste that was. why dont they give the car to a nice poor family who could really use it rather than wasting all those resources crushing it... its such a media feeding stunt. and keeps the ignorant right of centre middleclass voters thinking something's happening when really fuck all is happening and the little drifting burnout punks are still getting up to their antics just as much as they were before. 30% drop in offending my arse. 30% less policing more like, too.

Serious Question: What type of road user is interested in owning a lowered Nissal Laurel with big intercooler, mad camber, huge wheels and lopro tyres?
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 22/Jun/12 4:32pm

a dickhead
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby bugle on Fri 22/Jun/12 4:32pm

Indeed, and what poor family could afford the gas
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Fri 22/Jun/12 5:04pm

kiwi_zg wrote:So who reaps the finanical gains of selling all the performance parts that are stripped off the car?

An alloy wheel has a scrap value of ~$15. Most other parts on the car (if aluminium) are much smaller and lighter, thus worth significantly less as scrap.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby Trail on Fri 22/Jun/12 7:03pm

dented wrote:
swtchbckr wrote:my grrrl pointed out what a fucking waste that was. why dont they give the car to a nice poor family who could really use it rather than wasting all those resources crushing it... its such a media feeding stunt. and keeps the ignorant right of centre middleclass voters thinking something's happening when really fuck all is happening and the little drifting burnout punks are still getting up to their antics just as much as they were before. 30% drop in offending my arse. 30% less policing more like, too.

Serious Question: What type of road user is interested in owning a lowered Nissal Laurel with big intercooler, mad camber, huge wheels and lopro tyres?

Plenty of fuckwits in my area who are interested in exactly that sort of car. If you report them to the police for a driving offence you and others witnessed their parents are the sort of people who will then write the police a hand written note each to say that the car in question was undergoing repair on their property all day of the incident in question...

:huh:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 22/Jun/12 7:14pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
kiwi_zg wrote:So who reaps the finanical gains of selling all the performance parts that are stripped off the car?

An alloy wheel has a scrap value of ~$15. Most other parts on the car (if aluminium) are much smaller and lighter, thus worth significantly less as scrap.

A manual gearbox and set up for that Nissan would be worth some $$ for example.
Who gets the $$ :ib:
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 22/Jun/12 8:21pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
Dr. Fuentes wrote:

A manual gearbox and set up for that Nissan would be worth some $$ for example.
Who gets the $$ :ib:

The wrecker, for the hassle of having to let the POS Laurel on their property! :blink:

Oh, and for pulling all the bits off in the first place, which is more to the point.
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Sat 23/Jun/12 10:33am

A manual box for a laurel? i bet there is a que of people wanting that....
but if there are i might consider importing some from the UK - infact thats a thought if there is a market for manual boxes.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby kiwi_zg on Sat 23/Jun/12 1:47pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:

I very much doubt they would scrap mint set of $1,200 alloy wheels, $400 alloy radiator, $1500 turbo etc, for its scrap metal value, would not these items be salvaged and sold for profit.

It appear only the body/chassis is crushed.
kiwi_zg
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 23/Jun/12 1:58pm

dented wrote:

Great way to raise revenue for Govt...

Strip performance parts of confiscated douchemobile > sell parts to another douche to compensate Govt for first douche's fines that'll likely never get paid > confiscate second douche's douchemobile > repeat.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Sat 23/Jun/12 2:47pm

happybaboon wrote:Great way to raise revenue for Govt...

Strip performance parts of confiscated douchemobile > sell parts to another douche to compensate Govt for first douche's fines that'll likely never get paid > confiscate second douche's douchemobile > repeat.

Yeah that will more than make up for the legal costs. :eh:
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts