Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Owen on Thu 27/May/10 6:00pm

steezld wrote: If you hate them/him SO much, why not just stop devoting your time to making websites about hating them/him, stop giving them so much of your time and go jerk off in the corner.



Because its fun reading responses like yours. ;)
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Thu 27/May/10 6:28pm

i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)
the-right-to-evolve
User avatar
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 6:30pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)


Don't you want to go slow to give people more time to appreciate your awesomeness?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Thu 27/May/10 6:37pm

znomit wrote:
the-right-to-evolve wrote:i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)


Don't you want to go slow to give people more time to appreciate your awesomeness?




nope i wanna go quick and have fun thats the reason i got it. all my other bikes arent really capable of high speed and i dont drive my car so i has fixie :) . i bet mine is one of the cheapest in welly though $150...apart from dylans...20 bucks haha.
the-right-to-evolve
User avatar
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby steezld on Thu 27/May/10 6:57pm

Because its fun reading responses like yours. ;)


Most of my responses have been pretty non-serious. And I am not saying this in anger, more in "I don't understand"ness. I just don't get that people devote such time and effort to complaining about others when it isn't going to achieve anything.

And yeah, going fast is tops.
steezld
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby nostromo on Thu 27/May/10 7:31pm

steezld wrote:
Because its fun reading responses like yours. ;)


Most of my responses have been pretty non-serious. And I am not saying this in anger, more in "I don't understand"ness. I just don't get that people devote such time and effort to complaining about others when it isn't going to achieve anything.

And yeah, going fast is tops.

It's just a pastime for some ppl
nostromo
User avatar
":-("
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Lynskey on Thu 27/May/10 8:33pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:
znomit wrote:
the-right-to-evolve wrote:i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)


Don't you want to go slow to give people more time to appreciate your awesomeness?




nope i wanna go quick and have fun thats the reason i got it. all my other bikes arent really capable of high speed and i dont drive my car so i has fixie :) . i bet mine is one of the cheapest in welly though $150...apart from dylans...20 bucks haha.


I know of a Wellington rider with a $2 fixie that would show you what fast actually is.
Lynskey
User avatar
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby FSR_Man on Thu 27/May/10 9:22pm

Fixies are sweeet!

i got a solo at the start of this year for comuting to uni on and its mint! really fun going up and down the terrace on too! Im generally pretty busy and dont have a day off so its really good for my fitness and strength when i jump on the mountain bike. I personally love the simplicity of it, i took off the back brake as it wasnt necessary and chucked some m540 pedals on it and a soma front brake lever and i love it! I would reccomend a fixie to any rider that wants a commuter thats up for something simple and fast.
FSR_Man
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Owen on Thu 27/May/10 9:36pm

FSR_Man wrote:Fixies are sweeet!

i got a solo at the start of this year for comuting to uni on and its mint! really fun going up and down the terrace on too! Im generally pretty busy and dont have a day off so its really good for my fitness and strength when i jump on the mountain bike. I personally love the simplicity of it, i took off the back brake as it wasnt necessary and chucked some m540 pedals on it and a soma front brake lever and i love it! I would reccomend a fixie to any rider that wants a commuter thats up for something simple and fast.


Is yours the gold one or the white one?
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby FSR_Man on Thu 27/May/10 10:24pm

haha i have the white one, my mate is on the gold speccy langster
FSR_Man
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sat 29/May/10 10:03am

Re knees: I read some sports medicine years back, it seems that muscles are much more prone to injury when they are heavily loaded while extending (e.g. running downhill, landing from a jump, braking a fixie etc.)
This adds weight to the theory that brakes were invented for a reason.

Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet. :)
Simonius_Titius
User avatar
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sat 29/May/10 1:44pm

Too late budday. the new fashion is a lugged steel frame, brooks saddle, internal gear rear hub, 27 inch wheel, disc brake, full mudguards and carriers, sit up and beg commuter
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby ultraslowrider on Tue 1/Jun/10 9:48am

Simonius_Titius wrote:Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet.

"Fasion" is for metro's. You shouldn't ride anything because it's cool, you should ride because it's fun.
ultraslowrider
User avatar
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Owen on Tue 1/Jun/10 10:08am

ultraslowrider wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote:Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet.

"Fasion" is for metro's. You shouldn't ride anything because it's cool, you should ride because it's fun.


That is a very fashionable statement to make :hmmm:
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sun 13/Jun/10 12:48am

Lugged steel you say? Woohoo I'm already cool, there are more lugs in the shed than dollars in the bank. And in 2001 or so I splashed out on a 38T ring but left the mudguard and carrier on my bike to do Le Race. Hell I bet the gurls would have gone crazy over me if I could have caught up to them.
Simonius_Titius
User avatar
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Cycling | Fixed Gear - Latest Posts

Who is online

54 Users browsing this website: cep32, DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 48 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles