Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby Owen on Thu 27/May/10 6:00pm

steezld wrote: If you hate them/him SO much, why not just stop devoting your time to making websites about hating them/him, stop giving them so much of your time and go jerk off in the corner.

Because its fun reading responses like yours. ;)
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Thu 27/May/10 6:28pm

i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 6:30pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)

Don't you want to go slow to give people more time to appreciate your awesomeness?
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Thu 27/May/10 6:37pm

znomit wrote:
the-right-to-evolve wrote:i love riding my fixed gear in town :blush: what i cant stand is people going slow on them, ive overtaken a lot on my brakeless mtb....all im saying is if your gunna ride a fixed gear go fast or dont fucking bother. :)

Don't you want to go slow to give people more time to appreciate your awesomeness?

nope i wanna go quick and have fun thats the reason i got it. all my other bikes arent really capable of high speed and i dont drive my car so i has fixie :) . i bet mine is one of the cheapest in welly though $150...apart from dylans...20 bucks haha.
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby steezld on Thu 27/May/10 6:57pm

Most of my responses have been pretty non-serious. And I am not saying this in anger, more in "I don't understand"ness. I just don't get that people devote such time and effort to complaining about others when it isn't going to achieve anything.

And yeah, going fast is tops.
steezld
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby nostromo on Thu 27/May/10 7:31pm

steezld wrote:

Most of my responses have been pretty non-serious. And I am not saying this in anger, more in "I don't understand"ness. I just don't get that people devote such time and effort to complaining about others when it isn't going to achieve anything.

And yeah, going fast is tops.

It's just a pastime for some ppl
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Lynskey on Thu 27/May/10 8:33pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:
znomit wrote:

nope i wanna go quick and have fun thats the reason i got it. all my other bikes arent really capable of high speed and i dont drive my car so i has fixie :) . i bet mine is one of the cheapest in welly though $150...apart from dylans...20 bucks haha.

I know of a Wellington rider with a $2 fixie that would show you what fast actually is.
Lynskey
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby FSR_Man on Thu 27/May/10 9:22pm

Fixies are sweeet!

i got a solo at the start of this year for comuting to uni on and its mint! really fun going up and down the terrace on too! Im generally pretty busy and dont have a day off so its really good for my fitness and strength when i jump on the mountain bike. I personally love the simplicity of it, i took off the back brake as it wasnt necessary and chucked some m540 pedals on it and a soma front brake lever and i love it! I would reccomend a fixie to any rider that wants a commuter thats up for something simple and fast.
FSR_Man
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby Owen on Thu 27/May/10 9:36pm

FSR_Man wrote:Fixies are sweeet!

i got a solo at the start of this year for comuting to uni on and its mint! really fun going up and down the terrace on too! Im generally pretty busy and dont have a day off so its really good for my fitness and strength when i jump on the mountain bike. I personally love the simplicity of it, i took off the back brake as it wasnt necessary and chucked some m540 pedals on it and a soma front brake lever and i love it! I would reccomend a fixie to any rider that wants a commuter thats up for something simple and fast.

Is yours the gold one or the white one?
Owen

Postby FSR_Man on Thu 27/May/10 10:24pm

haha i have the white one, my mate is on the gold speccy langster
FSR_Man
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sat 29/May/10 10:03am

Re knees: I read some sports medicine years back, it seems that muscles are much more prone to injury when they are heavily loaded while extending (e.g. running downhill, landing from a jump, braking a fixie etc.)
This adds weight to the theory that brakes were invented for a reason.

Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet. :)
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sat 29/May/10 1:44pm

Too late budday. the new fashion is a lugged steel frame, brooks saddle, internal gear rear hub, 27 inch wheel, disc brake, full mudguards and carriers, sit up and beg commuter
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby ultraslowrider on Tue 1/Jun/10 9:48am

Simonius_Titius wrote:Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet.

"Fasion" is for metro's. You shouldn't ride anything because it's cool, you should ride because it's fun.
ultraslowrider
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby Owen on Tue 1/Jun/10 10:08am

ultraslowrider wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote:Please don't let fixies go out of fashion, I haven't got around to making one yet.

"Fasion" is for metro's. You shouldn't ride anything because it's cool, you should ride because it's fun.

That is a very fashionable statement to make :hmmm:
Owen

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sun 13/Jun/10 12:48am

Lugged steel you say? Woohoo I'm already cool, there are more lugs in the shed than dollars in the bank. And in 2001 or so I splashed out on a 38T ring but left the mudguard and carrier on my bike to do Le Race. Hell I bet the gurls would have gone crazy over me if I could have caught up to them.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Cycling | Fixed Gear - Latest Posts