Re: Is Anyone Still Rockin The Fixie?

Postby jeyboi on Mon 12/Apr/10 7:29pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:originally called fruit booters for the colours of our skates i don't think you'd be eating any fruit that's grey or black... :eh:

I thought you were called "fruit booters" cos fruit is another name for a houghmough, and rollerblading is gay :eh:
jeyboi
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 12/Apr/10 7:43pm

fix gear makes you a lazy pedaler.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby i'mfixed on Mon 12/Apr/10 9:11pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:

do you not slide off the seat when your riding that??

I adjusted it like that when i was gettin back into riding... save the gooch a bit till i got tough again! It's all adjusted back up now, got rid of the drops too. i'll post a pic tomorrow if i remember
i'mfixed
"check out my sweet San Remo!"
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby i'mfixed on Mon 12/Apr/10 9:31pm

[quote="the-right-to-evolve]

do you not slide off the seat when your riding that??[/quote]

haha, i had that adjusted up for when i just got back into riding to save the gooch till i got tough! :paranoid: got it adjusted back up now, got rid of the drops too... I'll put a pic up tomorrow if I remember
i'mfixed

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Mon 12/Apr/10 10:44pm

jeyboi wrote:
the-right-to-evolve wrote:originally called fruit booters for the colours of our skates i don't think you'd be eating any fruit that's grey or black... :eh:

I thought you were called "fruit booters" cos fruit is another name for a houghmough, and rollerblading is gay :eh:

oh sorry about it gaybo...i mean jeyboi. if you don't know the history of it or why i hate skateboarding so much then shut up.
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 13/Apr/10 7:12am

why do you hate skateboarding so much?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby cooper770 on Tue 13/Apr/10 8:07am

I have a Zeus fixie, my old track bike that I rode on the grass track as a teenager... I go to the local drome on weekends and ride.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby i'mfixed on Tue 13/Apr/10 8:27am

the-right-to-evolve wrote:Image

do you not slide off the seat when your riding that??

I had it adjusted down when i was gettin back into riding... just to save the gooch a bit! It's all adjusted back up now, got rid of the drops too. I'll post an updated pic when I get a moment...
i'mfixed

Postby i'mfixed on Tue 13/Apr/10 8:27am

dirtydawg wrote:Yup! Still rocking the Fixie.............46/16, around Auckland its quite enough!

Nice bike... 46/16 is a decent gear still. I'm riding 48/16 at the moment, it's a bit big for the hills! Specially cos I've got 165mm cranks
Last edited by i'mfixed on Tue 13/Apr/10 8:30am, edited 1 time in total.
i'mfixed

Postby campervangogh on Tue 13/Apr/10 9:25am

still ridin fixed everyday as my commuter...has a front brake but unused
campervangogh
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby i'mfixed on Tue 13/Apr/10 9:37am

campervangogh wrote:still ridin fixed everyday as my commuter...has a front brake but unused

Yea much the same here... can't justify taking the brake off even though it goes un-used. What would happen if the chain broke? That's when the brake comes in handy!
i'mfixed

Postby dirtydawg on Tue 13/Apr/10 11:35am

i'mfixed wrote:
dirtydawg wrote:Yup! Still rocking the Fixie.............46/16, around Auckland its quite enough!

Nice bike... 46/16 is a decent gear still. I'm riding 48/16 at the moment, it's a bit big for the hills! Specially cos I've got 165mm cranks

Yeah, thinking of going 18 for the hills but spinning down hill with an 18 will get a bit hectic.

Had to get off going up Landscape road last night :( (from Mt Eden Side)........grind grind grind.......stop...lol
dirtydawg
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby i'mfixed on Tue 13/Apr/10 11:49am

dirtydawg wrote:
i'mfixed wrote:

Yeah, thinking of going 18 for the hills but spinning down hill with an 18 will get a bit hectic.

Had to get off going up Landscape road last night :( (from Mt Eden Side)........grind grind grind.......stop...lol

haha, there's only 1 hill I have failed to clime so far... Birch St. in Taupo, that's steep, with no run up... too tough for my little legs!
i'mfixed

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Tue 13/Apr/10 12:57pm

shmoodiver wrote:why do you hate skateboarding so much?

this is only part of the reason...
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 13/Apr/10 1:09pm

so you're desperately trying to be cool but cool keeps shunning you?

stop trying
shmoodiver

Cycling | Fixed Gear - Latest Posts