Re: Anyone Keen On Cx Team For The Daynight Thriller?

Postby ryda on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:07pm

wgtngrl wrote:
ryda wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:If you were a real man (read retarded), you'd do 12hr solo, fixed
cos it hasn't been piss poorly attempted before

If only I'd been able to last a few more laps that year - imagine the state of him!!!

WTF were we thinking...
whats this we bit ??? you had gears, full suss and a free hub.... :blink:

mind you got this 12/24hr stuff sorted now...support some other made type :thumbsup: thank g od for that
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Conners on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:17pm

ryda wrote:mind you got this 12/24hr stuff sorted now...support some other made type :thumbsup: thank g od for that

I wouldn't let SC hear you referring to her as your maid :eh:
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:19pm

brutalfreeride wrote:
Chickenman wrote:
brutalfreeride wrote:Im doing the 6 hr solo CX styles.........if im still in one piece I may be in for a naked lap later on :crazy:

I may yet join you on that if I get no response on here over the next week or so. After all my riding to and from work, it would be a shame to let that fitness go to waste.

Especially if you have been comuting naked...just to get a feel for it so to speak :lol:

Good God - so I am likely to be passed by four little white butt cheeks on CX bikes at some point :crazy: Please warn me first so I can turn my lights out :p
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Jim on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:36pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:
brutalfreeride wrote:
Chickenman wrote:
brutalfreeride wrote:Im doing the 6 hr solo CX styles.........if im still in one piece I may be in for a naked lap later on :crazy:

I may yet join you on that if I get no response on here over the next week or so. After all my riding to and from work, it would be a shame to let that fitness go to waste.

Especially if you have been comuting naked...just to get a feel for it so to speak :lol:

Good God - so I am likely to be passed by four little white butt cheeks on CX bikes at some point :crazy: Please warn me first so I can turn my lights out :p

But wont that make them glow in the dark and appear to be ghost like?
Jim
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:38pm

Jim wrote:
Scaredy_Cat wrote:
brutalfreeride wrote:
Chickenman wrote:

But wont that make them glow in the dark and appear to be ghost like?

Probably - but better than being blinded by my lights reflecting off them!! :lol:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby ryda on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:46pm

Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:mind you got this 12/24hr stuff sorted now...support some other made type :thumbsup: thank g od for that

I wouldn't let SC hear you referring to her as your maid :eh:
e :exclaim:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Chickenman on Mon 31/Aug/09 3:28pm

bump
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Tue 1/Sep/09 5:03pm

Its a No, my doctor said I'm not crazy enough.
That and I'm not allowed a leave pass for a couple days :(
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby kleinboy on Tue 1/Sep/09 10:10pm

SlackBoy wrote:
Chickenman wrote:As the title suggests, who's keen on a CX team at the daynighter?

I was going to enter as a two person mixed team, but my riding partner can no longer do it.

Bring it on!

Pah, it's already been done before., we even done gone and one upped you with SS CX. Note, that this was at the harder moonride.
If you were a real man (read retarded), you'd do 12hr solo, fixed
slackboy_express.jpg
And just like that - here it is - man up you pussies. this is doing it proper.
kleinboy
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby dented on Wed 2/Sep/09 7:22am

Enjoy your Ibuprofen.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby thorg on Wed 2/Sep/09 7:26am

It's got a brake :eh: dont need one at teh DNT. Ok, I did, but Jim did his laps without one. Is a fine course fixed - 45:16 works a treat.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 2/Sep/09 8:24pm

thorg wrote:It's got a brake :eh: dont need one at teh DNT. Ok, I did, but Jim did his laps without one. Is a fine course fixed - 45:16 works a treat.

so what you're saying is the course is a cakewalk?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Jim on Wed 2/Sep/09 9:21pm

shmoodiver wrote:
thorg wrote:It's got a brake :eh: dont need one at teh DNT. Ok, I did, but Jim did his laps without one. Is a fine course fixed - 45:16 works a treat.

so what you're saying is the course is a cakewalk?

ummmh, yeah, really only need the brake (if ya good on a fixie) for the first grass hill (read tiny but its got an off camber corner at the bottom) the rest of the time you can with ease (IMHO) ride the course, the brake would be to stop you blowing ya legs out to much and be able to push that bit harder and faster.
Jim
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 2/Sep/09 9:32pm

hmmmmmm, i feel a frenkenbike coming on!
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 2/Sep/09 9:36pm

could i race it on 28 randonneurs?
shmoodiver

Cycling | Cyclocross | Events | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Taupo | Taupo Region - Latest Posts