Any Whitewater Paddlers Floating Around On Vorb?

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Sun 16/Dec/12 5:40pm

I see we have a Paddle section on vorb and I am looking at getting into it. I have applied for a log in on Rivers.org but they haven't activated it so was wondering if there are any White water paddlers on Vorb because It has been quiet on topics
Stumpy Ryder
"Aint nothing much like ridin' trails"
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Any Whitewater Paddlers Floating Around On Vorb?

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sun 16/Dec/12 7:18pm

what do you want to know?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Mon 17/Dec/12 12:35pm

Some good take-ins and outs in Welly. Will be looking at getting some gear when I can afford it too :D
Stumpy Ryder

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 17/Dec/12 2:38pm

Can't help with that sorry: I am exclusively a south island paddler (and mainly retired now: didnt even play canoe polo this year)
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby disoriented on Mon 17/Dec/12 6:32pm

Bahaaa, wellington good white water, from what i've heard kayaking in wellington is on par with the amount of climbing it has, sweet fa

Don't paddle myself but know a few that do, there is the hutt gorge grade 3-4 depending on flow, lower otaki gorge grade 2. and i think the akatarawa river has a grade 2 run on it some where. Think they all need a bit of rain in them before they become runable.

Have fun learning :)
disoriented
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Mon 17/Dec/12 8:13pm

disoriented wrote:Bahaaa, wellington good white water, from what i've heard kayaking in wellington is on par with the amount of climbing it has, sweet fa

Don't paddle myself but know a few that do, there is the hutt gorge grade 3-4 depending on flow, lower otaki gorge grade 2. and i think the akatarawa river has a grade 2 run on it some where. Think they all need a bit of rain in them before they become runable.

Have fun learning :)

:withstupid:

Hurt gorge is alright with a bit of water in it but very serious with too much. As with climbing you're better to head north.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby cauld on Tue 18/Dec/12 3:41pm

Yes. Living in Rotorua, 10 minutes from the Kaituna so getting lots of paddling in again- having lived in Wellington which is White Water barren!
Paddling about 20 years. Paddled most rivers of significance in NZ and have done a bunch in USA, Africa and even Australia.
cauld
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Tue 18/Dec/12 6:08pm

Mean't to be a few rivers to run not too far north. Can't beat our riding though! Looking at getting some gear at some stage. would be M-L and a flat hull river runner
Stumpy Ryder

Postby RexJ on Fri 15/Feb/13 9:01pm

yep. murch in summer. paddle WW every other day.
RexJ
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Paddling - Latest Posts