Any Vorb Users In Perth?

Postby Ohskidths on Sat 18/Feb/12 1:42pm

I have recently jumped the ditch as part of a work contract, this means I am based in Perth for the next 12 months. I was wondering if there are any other Vorbi kicking around over here that would be interested in showing me around a few of the local trails? I have brought one of the local trail guides and it seems like Kalamunda might be worth a look
Ohskidths
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Re: Any Vorb Users In Perth?

Postby Crashed on Sat 18/Feb/12 9:39pm

Racerboy was over there, send him a PM see if he is still there.
Crashed
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby EoinC on Sat 18/Feb/12 10:00pm

Contact PMBC http://perthmtb.asn.au/ . They organise races and group rides, and have info on the trails. They also have some National Champs in there, in case you're wanting something challenging.

Most of the trails are up in the hills to the East and South. As you might expect, the terrain is a little different to NZ. You may have noticed that the temperature can be, too...
EoinC
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Ohskidths on Sat 18/Feb/12 10:11pm

EoinC wrote:Contact PMBC http://perthmtb.asn.au/ . They organise races and group rides, and have info on the trails. They also have some National Champs in there, in case you're wanting something challenging.

Most of the trails are up in the hills to the East and South. As you might expect, the terrain is a little different to NZ. You may have noticed that the temperature can be, too...

Yeah both the heat and the terrain are apparent rather quickly, there is a distinct lack of hills. Thanks for the pointers I will hit up pmbc
Ohskidths

Postby EoinC on Sun 19/Feb/12 4:02am

Which part are you staying in?
EoinC

Postby Ohskidths on Sun 19/Feb/12 8:06pm

EoinC wrote:Which part are you staying in?

I am living in east perthvat the moment so nice and handy to the river to get on the local trail network for my road bike. I got out today with some of the guys from pmbc and had a bit of a ride at Langford park, was great to meet new people and drag the mountain bike out after being on the road bike a lot lately.
Ohskidths

Postby EoinC on Sun 19/Feb/12 8:41pm

Good to hear. My daughter races road and track with some of the PMBC Juniors. The Tucknott family are stalwarts of PMBC, and do well in road, track, and XC ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/all-mo ... tos/204475 ).

There are also several shop rides near you, if your looking to stretch yourself on the road bike.
EoinC

Postby j2hyde on Mon 20/Feb/12 9:06pm

If I recall correctly sickman was FIFO from perf.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Fri 10/Jan/14 10:04pm

Munda Biddi. Seems I might be roped into doing this one day.

Many beer stops I'm guessing.
Colin
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Auckland University MTB Club | Australia | Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Regions - Latest Posts