Any Ideas For A Fender Plug For Fox 36?

Postby MrGavdobaleena on Sat 18/Feb/12 9:08pm

I have bought a front fender (Topeak Defender) for my bike but the plug does not fit my Fox 36, it was way too big. I have filed it down but am not too happy with the fit, there is some side to side movement.

The inside diameter of the tube is 15mm. Has anyone got some good kiwi ingenuity solution as to how I could make a plug or something to fit?
MrGavdobaleena
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Any Ideas For A Fender Plug For Fox 36?

Postby rackerrack on Sat 18/Feb/12 9:39pm

dynabolt?
rackerrack
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 18/Feb/12 10:16pm

Araldite a tapped plug in thur?
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Owen on Sat 18/Feb/12 10:25pm

In some rigid forks I set a star nut in the 'wrong' end of the steerer and bolted a fender to it directly. With only 15mm to play with (a little over half an inch?) you 'could' try something cleaver with a star nut from a 1 inch headset.
Owen
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Owen on Sat 18/Feb/12 10:28pm

Or purchase (very cheaply) something along the lines of the traditional crud catcher
Owen
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby danose on Sun 19/Feb/12 9:00am

Owen wrote:In some rigid forks I set a star nut in the 'wrong' end of the steerer and bolted a fender to it directly. With only 15mm to play with (a little over half an inch?) you 'could' try something cleaver with a star nut from a 1 inch headset.

even a 1" star nut won't make it in the bottom of a 36 - the ID is really small.

the skf guards COME with a right size plug for the bottom of a 36 (plus a 'normal' fork one, and one that's so massive I can only presume it's for steel rigids)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby grahamt on Mon 20/Feb/12 9:17pm

Go down to the local hardware store and see if you can find a rubber plug the right size, and drill a hole through it. I presume its a rubber plug like the "The" fenders have.
grahamt
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Tue 21/Feb/12 12:19am

I'm a Mucky Nutz guy when the going get dirty

http://www.nsmb.com/4163-gear-shots-67

Works a treat on my 36s
Colin
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Bicycle Repair | Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts