Any Garage In Welly With A Waterblaster / Steam Cleaner?

Postby Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:13am

I foolishly parked the Hearse for a week under a tree which was covered with juicy berries which the birds like to eat. So, many of the berries fell on the Hearse, and many of the berries got eaten by the birds - who then shitted them on the Hearse.

That'll teach me to hardly ever use my car :huh:

Anyway - I've got almost all of the berries and poop off the outside of the car but lots of it has fallen into the various vents around the engine, into the door jambs and that sort of stuff. I've had an unsuccessful attempt to scoop things out and my hose isn't long enough to reach the road.

You used to be able to go to garages and use coin operated steam cleaners/ water blasters - or are those things of the past? Does anyone know of any garage in Wellington that has that sort of setup?
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Nordy on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:19am

:pmob: Most places with steamcleaners and/or water blasters are standalone now. Like washworld or rub-a-dub which are the two main auckland ones. Even kumeu has one so welly is bound to.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:20am

Nordy wrote: :pmob: Most places with steamcleaners and/or water blasters are standalone now. Like washworld or rub-a-dub which are the two main auckland ones. Even kumeu has one so welly is bound to.
I thought of those - I've seen them in Auckland and Rotorua but haven't seen any in Wellington. We've got so little flat space I'm sure they're rather build 200 apartments on a piece of flat land than put a Washworld on it.
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Nordy on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:26am

:pmob: They probably have one in the hutt.
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Bigfoot on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:31am

Perhaps a few local vorbii could loan you their hoses to extend yours to the road :eh:
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Grumpyoldman on Thu 29/Mar/07 7:55am

Try a local car groomer, they probably charge like wounded bulls though.

Alternatively if you fancy a drive to Upper Hutt you can use mine for nothing.
Grumpyoldman
User avatar
"Hood Ornament"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby argsy on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:05am

There is a car cleaning place on Wakefield Street behing Reading Cinemas, not to sure what equipment / hoses etc they have, might be worth checking out.
argsy
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:10am

argsy wrote: There is a car cleaning place on Wakefield Street behing Reading Cinemas, not to sure what equipment / hoses etc they have, might be worth checking out.
Oooo... any idea what they're called?
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby cauld on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:11am

:pmob: if on luck come to my house and use the hose
cauld
User avatar
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby argsy on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:42am

Tama wrote:
argsy wrote: There is a car cleaning place on Wakefield Street behing Reading Cinemas, not to sure what equipment / hoses etc they have, might be worth checking out.
Oooo... any idea what they're called?


Not off the top of my head, just remember it from driving past a couple of times.
argsy
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:44am

argsy wrote:
Tama wrote:
argsy wrote: There is a car cleaning place on Wakefield Street behing Reading Cinemas, not to sure what equipment / hoses etc they have, might be worth checking out.
Oooo... any idea what they're called?


Not off the top of my head, just remember it from driving past a couple of times.
I tried a search on the Yellow Pages which (SURPRISE!) came up with nothing.

(Thanks for the offer Chris - hopefully it won't come to that.)
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby pissface on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:47am

cauld wrote: :pmob: if on luck come to my house and use the hose
yeah ditto. I also have a waterblaster, need to fix the spray head though . also there's a guy just down the road from me who appears to run a car grooming service out of his garage, the dude who does up old vespas.
pissface
User avatar
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Nordy on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:49am

rub-a-dub dont go down that far :( and i cant find a listing for washworld anywhere (prolly cos they dont have phones in the self service ones)
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Angusdog on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:56am

Tama, I'm in Karori with a waterblaster so call or phone if you want to stop by and do it in the driveway (vicar)
Angusdog
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 8:58am

Angusdog wrote: Tama, I'm in Karori with a waterblaster so call or phone if you want to stop by and do it in the driveway (vicar)
Thanks Mr Dog - I might take you up on that (have deleted your name and number so the stalkers have more of a challenge)
Last edited by Tama on Thu 29/Mar/07 9:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

58 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 56 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop