Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Spokes on Wed 28/Oct/09 7:06am

Oli wrote:Get real, Matt. The road users who hate cyclists do anyway. Your anecdote can be matched by a thousand similar incidents where motorists have behaved just as bad, only the details and/or results differ. Are you angry because they held you up or your deep concern for their safety?

I concur, Road users hate cyclists as they are an easy target. Kinda like picking on the smaller kids at school. It will never stop.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby danose on Wed 28/Oct/09 7:18am

Oli wrote:Get real, Matt. The road users who hate cyclists do anyway.

actually I reckon it's a 0.1% rule - that is 0.1% of the population is hate filled, moronic redneck mongs. Doesn't matter if they're on a bike, in a car, bus or truck - outcome is the same, they're just inherently hate filled and have no respect for anyone else (i.e. they're basically sociopaths).

99.9% of vehicle drivers are fine and show (varying) degrees of respect for other road users, and ditto 99.9% of cyclists (broadly) obey the road rules and show a bit of thought about how their actions affect other road users.

it's that 0.1% (you can pick them from the wild staring eyes and foaming at the mouth) you have to look out for
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby mavisNZ on Wed 28/Oct/09 8:10am

#Where there is an adequate cycle path or cycle lane, cyclists should use it.
this would apply to the Old hutt road.... but its not used[/quote]

There is nothing adequate about the cycle lane / rubbish pit on the old hutt road.
mavisNZ
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Yogi on Wed 28/Oct/09 9:19am

tiredofrubbish wrote:What my partner drives or where my partner works is none of your business. And personally bringing him into this is disgusting..
If you have something to say to me then you dam well say it to me and do not bring him into this.
But then again this MB seems just as childish as the TM one and instead of debating the subject you want to poke your noses in to other peoples business.

Actually, you brought this on yourself. If you go out and make stupid uneducated claims on the internet under a name that advertises what your husband does (and presumably you are tied too), expect to get some sh*t thrown your way.

In regards to the white ute.... read the paper or watch the news. Your views on cyclists wouldn't be far off the views of the guy driving the white ute who's running over cyclists on purpose.

Good on you for posting here though. This will be entertaining :thumbsup:
Yogi
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby tiredofrubbish on Wed 28/Oct/09 4:54pm

Yogi wrote:
tiredofrubbish wrote:What my partner drives or where my partner works is none of your business. And personally bringing him into this is disgusting..
If you have something to say to me then you dam well say it to me and do not bring him into this.
But then again this MB seems just as childish as the TM one and instead of debating the subject you want to poke your noses in to other peoples business.

Actually, you brought this on yourself. If you go out and make stupid uneducated claims on the internet under a name that advertises what your husband does (and presumably you are tied too), expect to get some sh*t thrown your way.

In regards to the white ute.... read the paper or watch the news. Your views on cyclists wouldn't be far off the views of the guy driving the white ute who's running over cyclists on purpose.

Good on you for posting here though. This will be entertaining :thumbsup:

Actually if you had bothered to read my posts in the thread properly you would know that I don't have a problem with cyclists in general.
What I do have a problem with is the one's that do stupid dangerous things that not only put their own life's in danger but put the live's of other road users in danger too.
And as a cyclist you have to admit there are some out there that do some dam stupid things just like I can admit as a car drive that there are some real mongral car drivers out there.

I have spoken to a couple of people today who have all said that when they see a cyclist they get extremely concerned approaching them as like I pointed out above some do some stupid things. I'm also one of the people that get extremely concerned when approaching them and always give a cyclist a wide berth. As an ex Ambo I've seen many times the damage done by car vs cyclist . The last thing I'd ever want to do is hit anyone in my car.

And as for the guy in the White Ute, As far as I am concerned he is the scum of the earth for what he did.

Its pointless going on about car drivers are bad, cyclists are bad because not all are.
The point that everyone should be concerned about is how do we all make it safer for all of us to share the road safely without car drivers or cyclists feeling like they are being picked on by the law.
tiredofrubbish
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Wed 28/Oct/09 5:22pm

I has a idea, lets go on cycling websites and bitch about cyclists, expecting them to be co-operative and understanding towards our retarded and ill-informed opinions! Yeah, thats a great idea Dick!
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby wachtourak on Wed 28/Oct/09 5:24pm

Tiredofrubbish must be one of the people I outlined earlier in this thread.

wachtourak wrote:99% of people on the tardme message boards are bored housewives with sandy vaginas who are angry at the world because they've let themselves go after their 2nd child and are fat and ugly and their husbands won't touch them. their opinions are less than worthless.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 1 month

Postby bugle on Wed 28/Oct/09 5:48pm

I cant believe it's taken me 5 pages to get here and see the fun!

*sits down quietly with a coffee and killing stick to watch the show*
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 19 years 9 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Wed 28/Oct/09 6:00pm

wachtourak wrote:Tiredofrubbish must be one of the people I outlined earlier in this thread.

wachtourak wrote:99% of people on the tardme message boards are bored housewives with sandy vaginas who are angry at the world because they've let themselves go after their 2nd child and are fat and ugly and their husbands won't touch them. their opinions are less than worthless.

:D I think you're quite right
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby nostromo on Wed 28/Oct/09 6:17pm

wachtourak wrote:Tiredofrubbish must be one of the people I outlined earlier in this thread.

wachy your not helping!
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby nagem on Wed 28/Oct/09 6:48pm

Well... isn't this nice? :D
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 28/Oct/09 7:10pm

She makes a point... :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Joel on Wed 28/Oct/09 7:30pm

Oli wrote:She makes a point... :thumbsup:

she who?
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 28/Oct/09 7:32pm

Tiredofrubbish. :exclaim:
Oli
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby ArjanH on Wed 28/Oct/09 8:30pm

Oli wrote:Tiredofrubbish. :exclaim:

* Stares * but doesn't believe it.

Actually I used to be in agreement with Danose .... the problems come when the Cunzor Driver meets the Cunzor Cyclist. After that anything can happen. Unfortunately the last few recent events have been a very 1 sided affair with there seemingly only being 1 Cunzor involved and the other being a innocent party and this has shifted my perception a little. I cannot recall a recent event where a cyclist accidentally ran over and killed a motorist.
ArjanH
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Kapiti Coast | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts