Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 28/Sep/09 8:28pm

wachtourak wrote:The other 1% are internet tough guys like Craig Kennett.

Also, there are sometimes threads where women discuss whether penis size is important or not, I used to go in there and if a woman said she liked/needed big dicks, suggest that her vagina was too loose from rampant whorishness. Always got some lulz



fuckin classic bro :lol:
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby cooper770 on Tue 29/Sep/09 8:56am

Its not just Tard me boards, I subscribe to a few different sites with MB's. Its all over them at the moment.

I just love it when they trot out the old 'they don't pay registration' line LOL.

Their right, but the 8 vehicles I own I pay tax, acc and associated costs on are sitting in my garage/shed unused when Im on my bike. So I'd say at a guess I pay more than they do LOL.

I just give them s**t and move on.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby tiredofrubbish on Tue 27/Oct/09 8:57pm

It's a shame that people only quickly read things and then jump to conclusions..If you had actually slowed down and read what I (the female side of she3) had typed you would have seen that I was talking about DANGEROUS cyclists not cyclists in general.

And bringing my partner into what I said is pretty low since I was the one posting in that thread and not him.
If you would like to say something to me about what was posted then fine you say it to me but you do not bring my partner into it or where he works.
tiredofrubbish
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Spokes on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:09pm

tiredofrubbish wrote:It's a shame that people only quickly read things and then jump to conclusions..If you had actually slowed down and read what I (the female side of she3) had typed you would have seen that I was talking about DANGEROUS cyclists not cyclists in general.

And bringing my partner into what I said is pretty low since I was the one posting in that thread and not him.
If you would like to say something to me about what was posted then fine you say it to me but you do not bring my partner into it or where he works.


Whut? :eh:
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Tugboat on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:11pm

Yeah... boo fucking hoo.
Tugboat
User avatar
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby disoriented on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:16pm

tiredofrubbish wrote:It's a shame that people only quickly read things and then jump to conclusions..If you had actually slowed down and read what I (the female side of she3) had typed you would have seen that I was talking about DANGEROUS cyclists not cyclists in general.

And bringing my partner into what I said is pretty low since I was the one posting in that thread and not him.
If you would like to say something to me about what was posted then fine you say it to me but you do not bring my partner into it or where he works.


:D

People on trade me message boards really must be mongs if they dredge up threads to try and defend themselves.
disoriented
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby nostromo on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:31pm

When you boil it down they're pretty much always complaining about one of two things, cyclists in large packs causing them grief and cyclists breaking road rules (mainly red lights).
IMO there is definitely validity to some of those complaints - even if it is a disproportionately small proportion of cycling. At the very least those things generate a significant amount of 'bad press' and gives these people ammunition.
nostromo
User avatar
":-("
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Oli on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:43pm

It's a complete red herring that gives them the self-appointed authority to drive like idiots. I agree that cyclists could be more considerate at times, but the talkback morons jump on that bandwagon to give themselves an advance out if they ever ram a cyclist. It's bullshit, and if every cyclist rode like a Christian they'd still find a reason to hate us and slag us off, I shit you not.

And for every instance I've ever seen in my life of poor cycling behaviour I've seen hundreds and hundreds more of poor driving, and I've never heard yet of a cyclist hitting a car and killing the driver while escaping with scratches to their bodywork...

DON'T BUY INTO IT! :angry:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby znomit on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:49pm

Soooooo, been a drop off in Kapiti citizens using Maarty -Pest Control & Property Services?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby dented on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:51pm

:lol:
dented
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby nostromo on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:07pm

Oli wrote:It's a complete red herring that gives them the self-appointed authority to drive like idiots. I agree that cyclists could be more considerate at times, but the talkback morons jump on that bandwagon to give themselves an advance out if they ever ram a cyclist. It's bullshit, and if every cyclist rode like a Christian they'd still find a reason to hate us and slag us off, I shit you not.

And for every instance I've ever seen in my life of poor cycling behaviour I've seen hundreds and hundreds more of poor driving, and I've never heard yet of a cyclist hitting a car and killing the driver while escaping with scratches to their bodywork...

DON'T BUY INTO IT! :angry:

Yes I know about the idiots in cars, I have been smashed to pieces by one, but respect goes two ways. I see cyclists like that nutter in the blue Bell helmet (nice guy though stopped to help me with my wheel once) running red lights across intersections and what it says 'I consider myself above the law - you motorist guys obeying the law are tools'.

When do you see a car sitting at the lights, look left and right then blast across because they thinks its OK? Its BS and it looks really bad to everyone not just joe talkback.
And then those people sitting in their cars watching this think 'those fuckers, thats unfair, if only the cops could get them..but they don't have license plates the fuckers'.
It generates contempt in people and on the skinny end of the bell curve of contempt are where fuckers who want to knock you off your bike live.

Yes it is a bit peripheral but perception is important and engendering respect in our fellow road users would be invaluable I think.
nostromo
User avatar
":-("
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Oli on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:13pm

Look at the way drivers hate other drivers! What's the difference? How come drivers rant and rave about cyclists riding two abreast when it's totally legal? I maintain it makes zero difference how we behave - most of them would take any excuse to slag us off.

And when I'm sitting in my car and I see a cyclist doing something illegal - so long as it's not outright dangerous - I don't even worry about it. If anything, I admire their freedom.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby avantibill on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:14pm

I am a cyclist
I am a motorist
I am a pedestrian

Let's respect each other, life is too short to abuse each other.

Sheesh, I think I have to lighten up, this post is way too serious for the interwebby!
avantibill
User avatar
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby znomit on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:15pm

Does Maarty drive a white ute?

znomit wrote:Soooooo, been a drop off in Kapiti citizens using Maarty -Pest Control & Property Services?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Anti-cycle People On Tm Message Board

Postby Dodgy_Matt on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:50pm

Oli wrote:[snip] How come drivers rant and rave about cyclists riding two abreast when it's totally legal? [/snip]


Its is?
When did this happen? :eh:
How did I miss that?
Dodgy_Matt
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Kapiti Coast | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

62 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 61 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit