Postby Jono on Fri 11/Jan/02 10:50am

Ok - so I've found a couple of possible punters to go riding with. We'll be meeting at the east croyden train station at 10am on sunday morning (which is rather evil, come to think of it), and hopefully there will be some people there who know what they are doing. Or where to go.

I'll have new forks on Jono's new forks discussion so it's bound to be fun for everyone. Watch me forget that I've got the lockout turned on just as I ride down the stairs. Watch the forks dive quicker than I'm used to and biff me over the front of a root.

It'll be fan-bloody-tastic.

If you're interested, let me know...I'm thinking that we can probably meet at victoria station at 9:15 or so and make it out on time...

Mike - you still up for this?
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby seamonkey on Sat 12/Jan/02 6:21am

:D Hey Jono. Me definately up for a ride. I was going to have to stay home and do stuff with ms seamonkey but fortunately my friend the eye infection and flu popped by so they'll be keeping her busy all weekend. Much Looking forward to seeing you smash brand new pieces of expensive equiptment into smaller pieces. Will call you on the bat phone when I get home.
seamonkey

Postby Jono on Sat 12/Jan/02 9:49am

Suite - it looks like our option for east croyden has fallen through, as they are all off for a downhill race, so either reading, or trying to find epping forest sounds like a goer.

Or that other place south of london...I've also got an offer from someone in Bath, if you want to go that far...we would need to get hold of him tomorrow somehow if we wanted to...
Jono

Postby Jono on Sat 12/Jan/02 11:52am

Unfortunately, this morning I sorted out some stuff to do with the wifey on saturday afternoon, so it'll only be sunday that we (well, me...I'm not sure about mike) can make it out...

You mentioned that you might be up for something weekday wise as well? I'm definitely busy on monday, but I should have a better idea about if I can take a day off by monday afternoon - I'll email you/put something up here if I manage it...

Good to see you've found vorb :)
Jono

Postby Col on Tue 15/Jan/02 3:59pm

If you're looking for alternative ways into Epping Forest get the Central Line to Buckhurst Hill(about 30 mins from w London), come out the station and cycle straight up the road, hang a right at the top of the hill onto the main road, about 200m on the Left there is a cricket pitch wheres theres a track which if you follow it (nice singletrack) it takes you onto the main Epping forest bridleway, this takes you all the way to High Beach where that other bloke was telling you about. Theres loads of riding in there. Another place you can look at is Hertford which is North East of London but still easy to get to, it has some great riding which you can get to from town.
Col
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Fraser on Tue 15/Jan/02 4:31pm

Jono, I have a Vorb shirt for you that Tama gave me It will be taken through customs internally :crazy: so wear it with pride. Anyone else Drop me a line if you would like one before the 23/01/02 and I will walk into heathrow  :0  with the stash
Fraser

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:20pm

Col - thanks. The ride from epping town was a bit long (probably because we hitched up with a couple of locals who were finishing their ride back to high beach via some farm road)...I think that the London-mtb list is going for a ride out there on the 26th of feb if anyone vorb-oriented wants to come along...Based upon our ride last week, there is a little bit of mud, but it's pretty good for the most part  :0 - the mud that did collect on the bike washed off easy in the bath  ;)  

Fraser - are you using an elephant condom to get that through? Won't it mean that you won't be able to enjoy the joys of international air travel food? What if you need to take a "motion"...
Jono

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts