Re: Another Newby To Nz..

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:17pm

dunno bro, but i saw him ride at the albany ski field like 20 years ago, was full sic.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Trail on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:33pm

natas wrote:Trail...Thanks for the tip on the website. I've been here several times so I've ridden the port hills before so I know my way around up there a bit but I'll check the site out for conditions and such. Also, I worked as a Field Service Engineer in Texas but that doesn't really translate to much around here so anything in the technical field is an option for now. I met with a recruiter this morning and he painted a pretty dismal picture.

If anybody is doing any group rides this w/e, drop me an invite at kwaldropatymaildotcom.

BTW, what's the best beers of choice. I'm diggin the Monteith's dark right now.

kw

Yep, recruiters are often dismal. Identify some of the companies you might like to work for here and go talk to them. Will get much better results.

If there is a ride planned I will drop you a line. What sort of riding do you like?

Beer. If you are liking the Monteiths black then get on down a Harringtons brewery and try their Wobbly Boot. You can call into their bottle stores and sample a bunch of their beers... there is one on Ferry Road which would be closest to you.

i like the monteiths Celtic red as well, and drink a bit of the Matsons dark and Matsons Pilsner...

If you are out in town, then the beers at the Dux de Lux are good too. Black Shag if you are after a dark beer.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby natas on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:39pm

Thanks for all the beer recommendations. Looks like I've got a mission for the weekend. As for "natas", the reference is not for the skateboarder. While I appreciate skateboarding and did a fair share of it in my younger days, my "natas" is simply "satan" spelled backwards! I've been tagged that from time to time and it's just stuck over the years.
natas
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:41pm

oooooo my friend has an 1800x900 poster of your avatard, it's niiice.

natas the skater's name is for the same same.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby inzane on Fri 17/Jul/09 2:20pm

Some riding stories from around the place. If you are into technical outback kinda trails there is great access to them from Chch!

Probably wont be hitting up the big mountain tops until the snow melts... but there are some photos etc of some of the good riding on my blog

http://mountainbikingzane.wordpress.com ... in-biking/
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 17/Jul/09 2:59pm

beer... mmmmmm.....

Agreed, Twisted Hop is good

Also check out the Thirsty Weta, on Lichfield St just off Colombo has a fantastic variety of all the best beers in nz. none of the major breweries. better selection than the 'Hop

Montie's dark isnt bad, but go for the Winter Ale, WAAAY nicer. a 6% Doppelbock, bloody tasty for a 'mainstream' beer.

Pomeroys has some nice beers on tap.

The Thirsty Man, bottleshop in Victoria St (up near Bealey) has a good selection of smaller nz brewery beers too.

Riding... god. who knows when the hills will be open again, apart from the oldskool 'road' trails...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Cycling | New User Introductions | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts