Re: Another Lbs Closing -vic Cycles

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 10/Oct/12 2:05pm

R+P+K wrote:In the latest episode of the Spokesmen podcast, they discuss LBS's being run out of business by large chains and online sales.

I hope their next podcast is going to cover the demise of the fax machine, after being run out of popular use by email.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 10/Oct/12 2:11pm

:lol:
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby yeahnah on Wed 10/Oct/12 8:05pm

rilancaster wrote:VIC cycles is the third bike shop to close down while I've been a customer .. First Pennies? and BikeHQ in Christchurch. Now VIC...

Sigh. Anyone got a bike shop they don't like? Maybe I should start going there :-(

Never did get to find out why it was V.I.C and not VIC - the guys there always made time even though I usually just called in for a gander..

Did feel more than a bit guilty last time I got my bike serviced.. the chain need replacing - Said I'd do it myself as I knew the handy old internet would be a cheaper for that sort of thing... Now where'll I get my trusty bike readied for my yearly Karapoti pilgramage?

Here's hoping they all land on their feet.

The area is known as the V.i.c corner after the Variety Importing Company who used to be there in the very early days of the hutt .

Sad to see the shop go but know that some of the staff have already got work lined up.
yeahnah
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby R+P+K on Wed 10/Oct/12 9:45pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
R+P+K wrote:In the latest episode of the Spokesmen podcast, they discuss LBS's being run out of business by large chains and online sales.

I hope their next podcast is going to cover the demise of the fax machine, after being run out of popular use by email.

The general gist of the podcast was "if you can't compete with online sales, find a way to differentiate".
R+P+K
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Wed 10/Oct/12 10:28pm

R+P+K wrote:
Dr. Fuentes wrote:

The general gist of the podcast was "if you can't compete with online sales, find a way to differentiate".

Rocket scientists, they are. Jeebus. :sleeping:
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Farm on Wed 10/Oct/12 10:38pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:

At my work we have a standard operating procedure that references "Use of the Fax Machine". It dates back to the days when there was one on site and you had to plead with the General Manager's secretary to be allowed to use it.
We get young people starting work who ask "the fuck is a fax machine?"
Farm
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Bicycle Repair | Cycling | Lower Hutt | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Road Cycling | Wellington Region - Latest Posts