Re: R And R And Torpedo 7 Hype

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 30/Sep/14 9:33am

Scotty wrote:
Henry Dorset Case wrote:interesting opinion piece in the Press this morning from Mike ODonnell (who has a vested interest of course)

Useless without a link mofo!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion ... efully-win

soz.

He also gets props for "old Moto Guzzi"
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Tue 30/Sep/14 9:55am

Torpedo7 achieved total sales of $107.7m in the 2014 financial year - a pretty tidy hunk of top line cash. However bottom line operating profit was just $1.1m. That's an operating margin of just 1 per cent.

:blink:

Will be interesting to see to that margin once they fully integrate all the new acquisitions.
Scotty
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 30/Sep/14 10:19am

Scotty wrote:
Torpedo7 achieved total sales of $107.7m in the 2014 financial year - a pretty tidy hunk of top line cash. However bottom line operating profit was just $1.1m. That's an operating margin of just 1 per cent.

:blink:

Will be interesting to see to that margin once they fully integrate all the new acquisitions.

I was really interested in his Amazon comparison. and his comment about the P/E for that.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Tue 30/Sep/14 10:36am

Amazon still blows my mind. It's just volumevolumevolumeVOLUME!

Hope you make margin and stay on top. :blink:
Scotty

Postby slumdog on Tue 30/Sep/14 12:21pm

But Amazon is just a sales channel right? Different retailers sell the same thing through Amazon, and the customer can pick the best price? I see Amazon has little risk in this scenario, they have the customers and the retailers pay to access them through Amazon. Kinda like ebay or trademe, rather than like T7 which is retailing its own stuff...
slumdog
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 30/Sep/14 12:27pm

Err nope, there is sometimes the option for via other people. Go do some googling on the amazon warehouses etc
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby cruiser on Wed 1/Oct/14 6:52am

I imagine the cost of holding stock is the big killer for T7, especially in the way they bulk buy old stock - probs better off having the cash in bank, like what he says in article. With some new nz-stocked product lines via R&R, they could do better

They're probably lucky the Red shed have them as a pet project/ strategic investment, but it doesn't take long for the thoughts of shareholders and bean counter's to start swaying things. Usually happens sooner or later.
cruiser
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 1/Oct/14 7:21am

okay yup, I got that structure a bit wrong...

Scotty

Postby ryda on Wed 1/Oct/14 8:42am

If you look at the Companies Office

"THE WAREHOUSE GROUP LIMITED" owns "THE WAREHOUSE LIMITED" who owns "BOYE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED" who owns "TWP NO.4 LIMITED" who owns "NOEL LEEMING LIMITED"

"BOYE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED" also owns "TWP NO.5 LIMITED" who own 80% of "TORPEDO7 LIMITED"

I didn't bother looking any further and what it all really means I have no clue :paranoid: ... but my guess prolly at the end of the day TWGL have the final say in who sells what "shrugs"....either you buy there or you don't ?
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 1/Oct/14 8:57am

Diners Club still exists?
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Farm on Wed 8/Oct/14 11:54am

You going to the media event Rik? Report back to Vorb. There would be beer and snacks I imagine.
Farm
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Wed 8/Oct/14 12:26pm

Farm wrote:

You going to the media event Rik? Report back to Vorb. There would be beer and snacks I imagine.

Regrettably funds cannot extend to a jolly old trip. But we'll see what low down we can get for yous all.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Farm on Wed 8/Oct/14 6:36pm

Rik wrote:
Farm wrote:

Regrettably funds cannot extend to a jolly old trip. But we'll see what low down we can get for yous all.

It's probably not going to be as opulent as I'm imagining it anyway :sly: .
Farm
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 8/Oct/14 7:45pm

Fush and Chips... and maybe a coke. All class. :lol:
Scotty

Sifting - Latest Posts