Anaconda.

Postby DogsBollocks on Sun 31/Jul/16 9:22am

Will the dickhead who thinks he/she is making improvements to the top 1/2 of the anaconda fuckin stop it. You've turned a very well made and fun piece of track into a flat boring drainage disaster. You obviously have no idea what you are doing. Dick.
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Re: Anaconda.

Postby Slapheid on Sun 31/Jul/16 9:51am

Word on the street is it was PD squad last weekend, working outside of the ranger's knowledge?
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby AgrAde on Sun 31/Jul/16 10:48am

Oh no :(

I'm afraid to go and look. How bad is it?
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Sun 31/Jul/16 7:39pm

Pretty average TBH. It'll need a bit of work to get the drainage sorted that's for sure. It looks a bit like it's being set up to be based up and asphalted for a path ! Met the geezer in Taylor's who has done alot of work on it with Nic's permission and he was well shitty, and rightly so.
DogsBollocks

Postby pedalingkiwi on Tue 2/Aug/16 10:06am

It is on DOC land and DOC arranged for a PD crew to 'maintain' it without any knowledge, oversight or guidance as to how a mtb track should flow.
Nick S, CCC park ranger, met with them last Sunday and has arranged for no more to be done unless supervised by suitably qualified person.

Best of intentions, shame about the outcome.

And an side to Dogs Bollocks - this may come as a surprise to you but I don't think, nay I'm sure, that reading VORB threads is not high on DOC staff, PD supervisors, and CCC staff sources of information & feedback. Although we in vorb-land would love to imagine great throw & influence fact is bugger all NZ'ers read this stuff so a pretty small audience for your bleat ;)
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Tue 2/Aug/16 1:31pm

pedalingkiwi wrote:It is on DOC land and DOC arranged for a PD crew to 'maintain' it without any knowledge, oversight or guidance as to how a mtb track should flow.
Nick S, CCC park ranger, met with them last Sunday and has arranged for no more to be done unless supervised by suitably qualified person.

And an side to Dogs Bollocks - this may come as a surprise to you but I don't think, nay I'm sure, that reading VORB threads is not high on DOC staff, PD supervisors, and CCC staff sources of information & feedback. Although we in vorb-land would love to imagine great throw & influence fact is bugger all NZ'ers read this stuff so a pretty small audience for your bleat ;)

And as an aside (just getting the England correct) to pedalingkiwi - this may come as a surprise to you but I figured raising an issue that affects mountain bikers in Ch-Ch, about a mountain bike track in Ch-Ch directly in a mountain biking forum that mountain bikers from Ch-Ch read was a pretty good way to get a reaction from either someone involved, or someone who knew what had happened. Turns out I got option 2 from the "bugger all NZer's" and now we know it's being sorted. ;)
DogsBollocks

Postby EoinC on Tue 2/Aug/16 1:40pm

DogsBollocks wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:It is on DOC land and DOC arranged for a PD crew to 'maintain' it without any knowledge, oversight or guidance as to how a mtb track should flow.

And as an aside (just getting the England correct) to pedalingkiwi - this may come as a surprise to you but I figured raising an issue that affects mountain bikers in Ch-Ch, about a mountain bike track in Ch-Ch directly in a mountain biking forum that mountain bikers from Ch-Ch read was a pretty good way to get a reaction from either someone involved, or someone who knew what had happened. Turns out I got option 2 from the "bugger all NZer's" and now we know it's being sorted. ;)

True 'nuff, but extending the England correctness, using the word "you" implies that the Dick is in the audience you are addressing. Perhaps a better use of England would be to ask "Does anyone know which Dick..."
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Tue 2/Aug/16 1:45pm

EoinC wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:

True 'nuff, but extending the England correctness, using the word "you" implies that the Dick is in the audience you are addressing. Perhaps a better use of England would be to ask "Does anyone know which Dick..."

w3rd, my bad ..........
DogsBollocks

Postby EoinC on Tue 2/Aug/16 1:56pm

FWIW, I am a Dick, just not the Dick referred to.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby el_booto on Tue 2/Aug/16 7:06pm

pedalingkiwi wrote:And an side to Dogs Bollocks - this may come as a surprise to you but I don't think, nay I'm sure, that reading VORB threads is not high on DOC staff, PD supervisors, and CCC staff sources of information & feedback. Although we in vorb-land would love to imagine great throw & influence fact is bugger all NZ'ers read this stuff so a pretty small audience for your bleat ;)

actually:

ranger singleton did have an account on here from memory once upon a time...
...there is at least one DOC staffer i know who posts almost daily ;)

jussayin, i'll leave you lads to your discussion
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 2/Aug/16 7:31pm

el_booto wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:And an side to Dogs Bollocks - this may come as a surprise to you but I don't think, nay I'm sure, that reading VORB threads is not high on DOC staff, PD supervisors, and CCC staff sources of information & feedback. Although we in vorb-land would love to imagine great throw & influence fact is bugger all NZ'ers read this stuff so a pretty small audience for your bleat ;)

actually:

ranger singleton did have an account on here from memory once upon a time...
...there is at least one DOC staffer i know who posts almost daily ;)

jussayin, i'll leave you lads to your discussion

Aye, but said DOC staffer has nothing to do with tracks... (other than riding them!) :) He's into the biodiversity side of DOC :D :blush:
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Cycling | Trail Building - Latest Posts