Re: Alpine Epic - 4 Day Stage Race For Nz

Postby Conners on Tue 21/Apr/09 3:48pm

Kakapo wrote:
Conners wrote:Some Epic footage here :thumbsup:

Sweet, Ben. It's whetted my appetite for more! Are you still hoping to assemble a DVD?

Most definitely! Things are starting to finally take shape on the DVD front, and I'm knee deep in editing at the moment. Unfortunately the problem with it being a sideline is that there's only so many hours in the day (or night in this case!). Rest assured that I'm putting as much of my spare time into it as I possibly can - and I'll be sure to jump up and down a bit when it's ready.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Kakapo on Thu 23/Apr/09 3:17pm

Conners wrote:
Kakapo wrote:

Sweet, Ben. It's whetted my appetite for more! Are you still hoping to assemble a DVD?

Most definitely! Things are starting to finally take shape on the DVD front, and I'm knee deep in editing at the moment. Unfortunately the problem with it being a sideline is that there's only so many hours in the day (or night in this case!). Rest assured that I'm putting as much of my spare time into it as I possibly can - and I'll be sure to jump up and down a bit when it's ready.

Excellent! I fully understand the pain of a real job getting in the way of bike stuff.

I have to say that the footage so far has made me come over all wistful. I can't wait to do the event again, although can't see myself getting pass for at least another few years. :(
Kakapo
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby way_downsouth on Thu 23/Apr/09 3:32pm

Kakapo wrote:
Conners wrote:
Kakapo wrote:

Excellent! I fully understand the pain of a real job getting in the way of bike stuff.

I have to say that the footage so far has made me come over all wistful. I can't wait to do the event again, although can't see myself getting pass for at least another few years. :(

I am so keen to do it again. (Un)fortunately I am getting married at race time next year. Connors kindly pointed out to me the other day that going forward it will clash with the anniversary. Mmmmm. Hopefully Kate will be understanding.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby ringo on Fri 24/Apr/09 6:57pm

yeah nice work Ben! Yay for DVD plans (he says as the glorious technicolour memories start to lose their clarity...) :thumbsup:
ringo
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby way_downsouth on Sun 17/May/09 8:47pm

Really looking forward to the DVD after the VorbTV appetizer and the photos in the latest Spoke.

Most awesome race ever.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 20/May/09 3:32pm

good write up in latest Spoke, from the winning women's point of view.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby way_downsouth on Wed 27/May/09 6:20pm

Really looking forward to seeing this one! Was an awesome race and I am sure the coverage will be great.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Conners on Sat 20/Jun/09 10:44am

Bump for those watching this thread...

DVD's available now

Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby ontherivet on Mon 28/Sep/09 12:09pm

Gidday out there, have just returned from couple of days scoping out the last couple of stages for the 2010 Alpine Epic. New tracks and mind blowing scenery, will be approaching Lake Tekapo from an entirely new direction on the last day...

Entries flowing in and things taking shape.

Hope to see you there
Nick
ontherivet
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Events | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts