Calendar Event: November 1, 2008

Re: Xc: Alpine Energy 12 Hour Day/night Mtb Race

Postby neels on Fri 29/Oct/10 8:39am

I'll be there circulating slowly, definately no racing after the lack of riding I've had lately, so feel free to shout at me if you want past :p The event and course are too much fun not to go down for a play, but we've gone for the lazy option of a 3 person team for the 6 hour.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 31/Oct/10 7:41pm

Results up for those interested. http://www.timaru12hourmtb.co.nz/

Thanks to the organisers for a great race that was well run.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby DaveAldred on Sun 31/Oct/10 8:00pm

NIck_K - Inspiration to closeted youth everywhere. I hope you rocked the threadbare pink skinsuit bro.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 31/Oct/10 8:11pm

DaveAldred wrote:NIck_K - Inspiration to closeted youth everywhere. I hope you rocked the threadbare pink skinsuit bro.

It must have been hard for you to grow up as the only gay in the village. I rocked the pro elite white away strip, the fans were disappointed it didn't rain.

Caffeine wrote:Looking forward to giving the roving bushlover some Welly competition. I reckon between me and my 3 teammates we've got his solo arse covered

ORLY ;)
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby Caffeine on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:13pm

Caffeine wrote:Looking forward to giving the roving bushlover some Welly competition. I reckon between me and my 3 teammates we've got his solo arse covered

ORLY ;)[/quote]

When you pulled out half way through the race I believe we already had a lap up on you. And it only took four of us about 2.5hrs of slogging our guts out to get in front... Solid effort on your part.

Was a fun race. Way different to the other 12/24hr races I have done. Track was pretty good and the lower numbers mean't it could be a bit tighter with some fun sections, without having to worry about the passing so much. On 1 night lap I only saw 2 other people!
Caffeine
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby neels on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:24pm

Was another good day out, as usual.

Pretty good weather with a bit of damp to keep the dust down, horribly unfit and knew it pretty quickly but the course there is too much fun not to go for a play, and achieved the usual team objective of not last place. Saw the bushlove jersey flashing past a couple of times while I was grinding my way around, and spent a fair bit of time getting out of the way of the quickies at the front, even managed to squeeze in my last lap before the 6 hours was up after having to turn back with a flat back tyre and a quick borrow of bike.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby JUANGEAR on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:33pm

NIck K.... did you pull out part way through a race?
JUANGEAR
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 31/Oct/10 9:46pm

JUANGEAR wrote:NIck K.... did you pull out part way through a race?

Of course I didn't pull out . Disappointing you couldn't have raced in the ultra competitive rigid ti ss 6hr category Jaungear.

Caffeine we were still on the same lap at the 6hr mark but you guys were ahead. I was only referring to the lap I caught, past and smoked you ;)

Looks like you did well in the end, 3rd was it?
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby Caffeine on Mon 1/Nov/10 7:22pm

Oh, that lap... Thanks for reminding me. I had been looking back at my race fondly but now off for a cry :( .

Yes indeed, a 3rd for us.
Caffeine
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | News - Latest Posts