Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:29pm

chalky wrote: reiker represent! ill show john and the boys what it looks like im sure theyl love to see it,nice work!

Geday chalky, I have been in contact with John as I bought the frame and fork off him, he shipped it up. He really likes it. I have my fingers crossed that when Marc Ryan gets back from overseas he will want a custom look for his next frame. But well see :)
kylie
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:32pm

Oli wrote: That's incredible, Kylie! Good work, and I'd love to see more over time...perhaps a New Zealand flag/iconic scenes would be a go? Here's hoping someone stumps up some bucks for you soon! :thumbsup:

Oli thats way high on the cards. My next frame I would love to do an iconic NZ scene. I just need to rattle around for more cash to do another, probably not for a while as this one cost me way too much $$$$ :( but worth every cent!
kylie

Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:35pm

istepinyards wrote: Will you do one of the underarm incident for me :)
And the one where the Aussies were the first one to claim the americas cup from the Seppos in umpteen years.
Oh the Aussie vs New Zealanders medal count at the last 10 commonwealth games :thumbsup:

:eh: Anyone hear floodgates opening :D
P.S great art work. That takes some real talent :thumbsup:

:D :p Anythings possible mate, that is so funny!!! That would be such a fun bike to do hhehe!!
kylie

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:36pm

Wow, that looks fantastic!! Awesome work. :thumbsup:
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:36pm

Hi Kylie, roughly (ballpark only) what do you think a frame job like this would cost a punter? :)
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

RE: Re: My Airbrushed Reiker Frame

Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:37pm

benw wrote:
kylie wrote:You can contact me at kyliesmith@woosh.co.nz for further details and pricing etc. Cheers :)

Hi Kylie, if you are looking for some business you might want to send Jeff Anderson at Kiwi Bikes (http://www.kiwibikes.co.nz) in Rotorua an email with photos. He does custom steel frames (road, tandem, single speed / mtb) and might have a few clients who want the extra treatment.

His website appears to be down but I have kiwibikes@xtra.co.nz as an old email of his.

ben

Ben you r a legend I will do. Be cool to be part of their successful business. Many thanks once again :)
kylie

Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:38pm

apprehensive_alpaca wrote: thats realy impressive, Im sure Ernesto Colnago himself would agree
and you should look at doing some helmets as well, there are plenty of dhrs out there looking to pimp their D2 s

Yeah definately seems to be rage to have custom helmets. :)
kylie

Postby kylie on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:48pm

Oli wrote: Hi Kylie, roughly (ballpark only) what do you think a frame job like this would cost a punter? :)

Hi Oli, far out this forum is soooo busy eh its awesome!! Is this site generally the No.1 forum for all roadies, mtb etc? I mean you post a reply, view your post and its 3 topics down the page!!

With doing custom work and cost, the only thing I cant offer is custom decals like the print shops, but I can cut out and make stencils to airbrush through no problem just not as sharp. I can do most things though. For a frame that needs prepping and full custom art top to bottom with 4 coats of clear laquer your looking at close to $2K for say just a top tube front and back approx $800.00 Its just a time thing that all. Theres a lot of masking, paint to be purchased, sanding which all adds up. I am addicted to airbrushing and creating art, so it would be an abosolute pleasure to take these projects on.

Turn around time would be approx 3 weeks. I would also want to receive the bike semi stripped of parts but depending on whats needs done it might not.
kylie

Postby Oli on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:53pm

kylie wrote:
Oli wrote: Hi Kylie, roughly (ballpark only) what do you think a frame job like this would cost a punter? :)

Hi Oli, far out this forum is soooo busy eh its awesome!! Is this site generally the No.1 forum for all roadies, mtb etc? I mean you post a reply, view your post and its 3 topics down the page!!

:D No, it's full of saddos like me who spend WAY too much time here! Actually, it was primarily created as a resource for MTBers, but the road fraternity have weaseled our way in here so it covers the bases quite well, really...

kylie wrote:With doing custom work and cost, the only thing I cant offer is custom decals like the print shops, but I can cut out and make stencils to airbrush through no problem just not as sharp. I can do most things though. For a frame that needs prepping and full custom art top to bottom with 4 coats of clear laquer your looking at close to $2K for say just a top tube front and back approx $800.00 Its just a time thing that all. Theres a lot of masking, paint to be purchased, sanding which all adds up. I am addicted to airbrushing and creating art, so it would be an abosolute pleasure to take these projects on.

Turn around time would be approx 3 weeks. I would also want to receive the bike semi stripped of parts but depending on whats needs done it might not.

That all sounds about what I'd have expected - I think it's a limited market, but a market for sure. Good luck, and if I can ever point anyone your way I definitely will. :)
Oli

Postby kylie on Mon 18/Jun/07 10:52am

Thanks mate :)
kylie

Postby Tama on Mon 18/Jun/07 11:07am

I cleared out the other post - there doesn't need to be two posts about the same thing in the forums :)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Mon 18/Jun/07 11:08am

Can you move it into a general forum then please, Tama?

She only reposted it because someone suggested the non-roadie component of Vorb might like to see it... :eh:
Oli

Postby Tama on Mon 18/Jun/07 11:09am

Muz wrote: Where do you live? and why not put this on the general forum?
Because multiple posts about the same thing are confusing and I put Kylie's bike on the homepage so it would get more (highly deserved) profile.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby kylie on Mon 18/Jun/07 3:15pm

Thanks Tama appreciate that :)
kylie

Postby thorg on Wed 27/Jun/07 11:15am

nice - I may have a project for you in the not too distant future :paranoid:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months