Against The Odds: Junior Worlds Track Champs Moscow 2011

Postby sprint supporter on Thu 9/Jun/11 4:39pm

Steph Mckenzie,New Zealand junior track sprint champ (holder of all age group timed event records), and New Zealand Junior world silver medlist (Team sprint 2010) is aiming high again this year. To be the first kiwi female sprinter to claim a rainbow jersey on the track, at the same time to be the very first ever Type 1 Diabetic to claim a Junior World title.(on the track)
To help steph in her quest, please vote for her at http://www.ampdoyourthing.co.nz
Type her name and then follow the prompts.
Amp Peoples Choice awards are open now until july 17. every vote helps.
You may even be able to say at the end of August I voted for that wee champ.Go on ,there are no strings attached,
Help our athletes reach their goals
Cheers
one proud dad
PS: please pass it on to all who you think might be supportive of a great wee battler.
Last edited by sprint supporter on Fri 10/Jun/11 4:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprint supporter
Member for: 4 years 11 months

Re: Against The Odds: Junior Worlds Track Champs Moscow 2011

Postby EoinC on Fri 10/Jun/11 11:17am

Good job, SS.
EoinC
Member for: 3 years 11 months

Postby Spyder on Fri 10/Jun/11 7:38pm

www is incorrect. Try this one.

http://www.doyourthing.co.nz

Come on people. She's not far off the front page, but quite a way behind the leader.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 9:54am

Thanks spyder for your support. lets get Steph to the front page, and even further up the list!!!! Come on every one, even use your face book links and friends to get this champ up near the front.
Cheers to anybody who votes. Let Just DO IT!!!!!!
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 12:15pm

keep the votes coming everyone, spread the word!
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 12:48pm

hey can someone get steph off the devils number please, like now would be good
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 5:57pm

Thanks for your support,so far, keep the votes coming. oh by the way steph happens to be the fastest flying 200 (sprint qualifying )woman in new zealand (ever)(march 2011)just off junior world pace, but in her sights, and really achieveable.Come on ,get in behind and support her!
Last edited by sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprint supporter

Postby istepinyards on Sat 11/Jun/11 6:03pm

Sprint Supporter, is this your daughter?
I have contacts within the Team Type 1 structure. It is a diabetes awareness cycling team. I know the team principle and most of the Type 1 diabetic riders. They were sponsored by NIKE for a while as was I. If this is your daughter please PM me. I will see if I can facilitate some sort of help.

Cheers.
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 6:07pm

yep got it sorted, thanx. keep those vote coming
Last edited by sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 6:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 6:14pm

Once again thank you all for your support. every vote counts. who would really want a westler to win, come on! there are 23,000+ cyclists in this country! just vote.JUst bloody vote!!!!!
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 9:13pm

So after reading of the humble beginnings of this great blog, I now humbly ask you and you supporters to set aside their indifferences and vote for a young lady who will not let you down! Steph does not do sport to participate! hell no, just ask the boys she has beatn. time wise and on the track.Personal best is her name, and if that happens to be a world record so be it. cos thats where she is at!!!!!
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Sat 11/Jun/11 10:13pm

Thank you Istepinyards for your offer of support, we are humbled. thank you. :)
We have just lived with it, just like another hurdle to jump, as you have as well. thank you again.
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Wed 22/Jun/11 9:22pm

Thanks every one who has taken the time to vote for steph (so far). One of the real reasons why steph is involved with the awareness of TYPE 1, is the fact that proper management, at both an early age and in the twilight ages, will prevent complications. That is why Steph is active both in nz and aust at youth conferences, and seminars, to advicate management and understanding of ones body, to ensure a full life. Vote for steph cos she will educate the next generation of type ones, and once qualified as a PE teacher, she will also work on the pre type 2's and get them to realise that their life will be in their hands!!!! diet, exercise,and more exercise, may just save their lives.
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Fri 24/Jun/11 7:09am

Keep the votes coming everyone, just 80 away from the first page, you may even want to check out stephs wee article in the Endurance mag out this month, on her experience at outward bound,along with Sam webster's story , and Simon's spin on things.
sprint supporter

Postby sprint supporter on Mon 11/Jul/11 3:28pm

Well the enduro boys have left to start their build up in belgium, before heading for the UCI centre for track stage of build up with the women enduro's and the the two women sprinters page paterson and steph mckenzie(fly out on the 28th july) will try and keep you all posted on their progress leading up to the 2011 Moscow Junior worlds 17th to 21st August.
sprint supporter

Cycling | Sifting | Track Cycling - Latest Posts