Affordable Dentist Recommendations Wanted For Wellington

Postby Tama on Mon 16/Apr/07 6:59am

I need to get my teeth checked but have been putting it off for years as my experience with dentists generally goes like this:

Dentist: "You teeth are OK but need a clean, I'll book you in with a tooth cleaner next week."

Tama: "OK"

Dentist: "That'd be a surprisingly large amount of money, considering all I did was look in your mouth"

Tama: "Oh, OK"

{Tama goes away and comes back in a week}

Tooth Cleaner: "Just lie there and stare at the ceiling for an awkwardly long period."

Tama: "Gauuguguuggug"

Tooth Cleaner: "That'd be another surprisingly large amount of money, if you add the two amounts we've charged you together you may notice that you could of bought a car."

Tama: "Oh"

If anyone knows of a good dentist that doesn't charge the earth and does everything in one visit rather than double dipping that'd be great :thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby sifter on Mon 16/Apr/07 7:27am

I paid a couple of bills at the Gentle Dental Centre (Dixon St) over the last few years. They have a list of fees which you can request to see beforehand, so you know exactly what each treatment costs.
sifter
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby goldfish on Mon 16/Apr/07 8:34am

"Capital something something" dentist in Newtown. Super qualified and professional dentists (one does hospital maxillio-facial stuff), used to poor people, very helpful. By a fruit shop on the hospital side of the road.

The one by "Absobluminglootley" (sp!??) and the optometerists smells hideous and had scary drill noises too close the the waiting room. And I swear I saw flies. Walked straight back out of that one.
goldfish
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Mon 16/Apr/07 8:36am

I reckon I should call the C.A.B. and find out if they can recommend dentists for poor people like me :thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby psychavoc on Mon 16/Apr/07 9:37am

Would a return flight to Dunedin + going to the Dental School be cheaper? :huh:

(That's what I'm planning on doing when I get to the top of the 3 year waiting list to get my wisdom teeth pulled out..)
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Cheap Dentist

Postby MTBER56 on Mon 16/Apr/07 9:51am

Go to thailand only about 20% of nz costs and you can have a great holiday for the same money you could spend here
MTBER56
Member for: 13 years 2 months

RE: Affordable Dentist Recommendations Wanted For Wellington

Postby pissface on Mon 16/Apr/07 9:53am

Tama wrote: If anyone knows of a good dentist that doesn't charge the earth and does everything in one visit rather than double dipping that'd be great :thumbsup:
i went for a checkup at symes de silva recently and the dentist had a good look, took a couple xrays, and then cleaned and polished my teeth for me as well as doing some "hygeinst" type of scraping, it came to something like $80 I think and took about 20 minutes or so. possibly 180 but I think I was surprised at how cheap it was. will check banking records to see if there is a record of the trasnsaction...
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby pissface on Mon 16/Apr/07 9:56am

$81 :)
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Affordable Dentist Recommendations Wanted For Wellington

Postby Martha_01 on Wed 1/Jan/14 5:48pm

I am sorry, I don't have recommendations for dentist in Wellington as I have never been there. But, I can tell you [I have problems with my teeth from the overindulgence of SPAM I seem to enjoy.]
Martha_01
Member for: 5 years 10 months

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 1/Jan/14 5:58pm

:lol:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Colin on Wed 1/Jan/14 8:41pm

SPAM rots teeth and makes you feet smell
Colin
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby michael on Wed 5/Mar/14 1:18am

I was told a good way to find out if they charge to much is to ask for an appointment on a Friday. If they don't, they probably charge too much :thumbsup:
michael
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts