Re: Advice On Night Lights

Postby UK_Exile on Tue 16/Jul/13 4:46pm

Unfortunate reality is no matter how much you light up or hi viz yourself some drivers still won't see you
UK_Exile
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby laworder on Tue 16/Jul/13 4:49pm

UK_Exile wrote:Unfortunate reality is no matter how much you light up or hi viz yourself some drivers still won't see you

True that. They should not be driving. We let far too many people drive here that shouldnt under any circumstances

Regards
Peter
laworder
Member for: 6 years 8 months

Postby laworder on Fri 19/Jul/13 10:16am

Got a Moon Shield at a local bike shop for only about $10 more than I'd have paid at Wiggle, seriously bright, now mounted on the back of my helmet, will get another one to go under my seat and one for my backpack. Have also managed to find a flouro orange backpack after looking for ages

Regards
Peter
laworder

Postby Flyboy on Sun 25/May/14 8:55pm

Hi peeps, looking for a headlight that can do both walking and biking services. I found this:
http://www.bikelights.co.nz/blaze-head- ... y-headlamp
Which looks good lumens and price wise, but theres just so much choice out there. Any thoughts, led lights have moved on a lot since i last bought one of these
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby globe on Sun 25/May/14 8:56pm

Dx.com
globe
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby znomit on Sun 25/May/14 9:08pm

znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby 13daza on Sun 25/May/14 9:31pm

I got a Moon comet rear light and meteor front light package from a Uk based site a while back (cost about eighty bucks) usb charged etc the front light is adequate for unlit roads and probably quite good for around town with a good spread of light and a reasonable battery life (about 4 hours on low continuous) but the rear light is seriously bright (car high stop brake light bright) it lights up about six or seven road marker reflectors behind me on an unlit road and is visible not quite parallel to the light to the sides it seems to spread the light very wide in all directions and easily lights up the center line from the side of the road when you are riding . rear light lasts about 4 hrs on full blast (continuous) 6 hours on low (continuous) and about 7 hours on flash (which is really bright).
When car drivers complain about your back light being "a bit bright" thats about perfect :) IMHO
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 25/May/14 9:52pm

I've recently seen some excellent front lights around - they are super bright flashers with a sort of unbalanced flashyness to them (like they're bright/dim and have uneven pauses between them). The effect is like emergency vehicle flashing lights - your eyes/brain won't get used to the pattern so they stick out like my bright red arse.

Anyone know what sort of light that is? :eh:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 25/May/14 11:02pm

happybaboon wrote:I've recently seen some excellent front lights around - they are super bright flashers with a sort of unbalanced flashyness to them (like they're bright/dim and have uneven pauses between them). The effect is like emergency vehicle flashing lights - your eyes/brain won't get used to the pattern so they stick out like my bright red arse.

emergency vehicle flashing lights ;)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby foremannz on Mon 26/May/14 6:50am

happybaboon wrote:I've recently seen some excellent front lights around - they are super bright flashers with a sort of unbalanced flashyness to them (like they're bright/dim and have uneven pauses between them). The effect is like emergency vehicle flashing lights - your eyes/brain won't get used to the pattern so they stick out like my bright red arse.

2 lights from different brands???
foremannz
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby mark2c on Mon 26/May/14 8:56am

Muzzle flash?
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby laworder on Mon 26/May/14 11:07am

That could be a Knog light. I've just got a couple of small Knog front lights and a knog blinder rear light and they have a flash pattern like that
laworder

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 26/May/14 11:10am

mark2c wrote:Muzzle flash?

:lol:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 26/May/14 11:21am

znomit wrote:http://www.fasttech.com/category/1602/headlamps

Batteries are usually junk, decent stuff from:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hunk_lee/m.html

mm, this one looks nice
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1602/10002759/1425600
shame the battery doesnt mount onto the head strap somehow. But you say the batteries aren't good quality?
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 26/May/14 3:22pm

laworder wrote:

That could be a Knog light. I've just got a couple of small Knog front lights and a knog blinder rear light and they have a flash pattern like that

Chur. Makes sense if there's a heap around here, Aussie company and all.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts