Postby ralf007 on Wed 19/Sep/07 9:32pm

The M u r i w a i Progressive Society last night had a meeting, Hancock Forest management were there and they
got asked about mountain bike access in their forest.

From what i have just been told is that the Forest Owners have accepted that there are trails in there
and have said they can be ridden but you must stay to the trails above the tennis courts. as they are working between Muriwai and woodhill.

They did have an issue with wooden ramps which is fair enough.

Not all 100% yet but sounding good for the future
ralf007
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 20/Sep/07 12:35pm

ralf007 wrote: The M u r i w a i Progressive Society last night had a meeting, Hancock Forest management were there and they

From what i have just been told is that the Forest Owners have accepted that there are trails in there
and have said they can be ridden but you must stay to the trails above the tennis courts. as they are working between Muriwai and woodhill.

Thats very cool. We used to stay at the camp ground there and ride the trails. Good times. Might be time for a trip back soon.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Ryan on Thu 20/Sep/07 1:56pm

gosh, thats a turn around from the original post :eh:
Ryan
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby xcmtb on Thu 20/Sep/07 2:19pm

Ryan wrote: gosh, thats a turn around from the original post :eh:
I was thinking the same
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 20/Sep/07 2:19pm

We just need to stop people building wooden jumps etc up there.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby nmdher on Thu 20/Sep/07 5:46pm

thats mint news
nmdher
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Sprocket on Thu 20/Sep/07 9:19pm

ralf007 wrote: The M u r i w a i Progressive Society last night had a meeting, Han#### Forest management were there and they

Lets say "hypothetically" that you just made that up, then i have to award you points for posting the best tish-stirring post i have ever read!
Sprocket
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby xcmtb on Fri 21/Sep/07 8:08am

Sprocket wrote:
ralf007 wrote: The M u r i w a i Progressive Society last night had a meeting, Han#### Forest management were there and they

Lets say "hypothetically" that you just made that up, then i have to award you points for posting the best tish-stirring post i have ever read!

you make a very good point
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 22/Sep/07 8:15am

Well there is a M u r i w a i Progressive Society which is a start. I think I may contact them to find out more.

New bike park anybody? Rider run?
Spokes

Postby Woodhill on Tue 2/Oct/07 11:46am

ralf007 wrote: The M u r i w a i Progressive Society last night had a meeting, Hancock Forest management were there and they

Just had confirmation from Hancocks in regard to this.

Here is briefly what they said, hopefully this clears up some confusion:

Coast Road - you can ride on there.
No riding on forest trails, tracks or other forestry roads.
and therefore no building new trails and or structures (they said they will be closely monitoring this)

They also mentioned that the area will be harvested next winter.
Woodhill
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Re:

Postby WindyHill on Wed 2/Aug/17 5:18pm

nmdher wrote:
macktory wrote: the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails

it wasn't at bikeparks, thats why theres trouble.
did they just take away the bigger jumps at 51 or everything including tracks, berms,etc.?

where can i fine where area 51 was?
WindyHill
Member for: 9 months 3 weeks

Re: Access Notice For Woodhill Forest

Postby trancemaster on Sun 13/Aug/17 9:47am

in the pine block opposite the Golf, up gravel road to t he hill top where there are radio antenna, theres Dh trails ; search strava
trancemaster
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts