Postby ralf007 on Tue 11/Sep/07 7:31pm

nmdher wrote:
macktory wrote: the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails

it wasn't at bikeparks, thats why theres trouble.
did they just take away the bigger jumps at 51 or everything including tracks, berms,etc.?


all is gone
ralf007
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Ben_T on Wed 12/Sep/07 7:44am

so is that dh track gone?????
Ben_T
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby xcmtb on Wed 12/Sep/07 8:12am

ralf007 wrote:
macktory wrote: the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails


may be read the pages again, it not in the area called bikeparks, its in the same forrest as bike parks


and bikeparks is the one with the agreement with the owner. if stuff is being built anyhere in woodhill forest, it should be within the bikeparks allocated area, and have all the correct consents, otherwise you risk having bikeparks shut down, and then the rest of us lose out coz you're too lazy to do it right
xcmtb
User avatar
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Nordy on Wed 12/Sep/07 8:35am

The only two places that have concent to build are Bikeparks in woodhill forest (owned by handcocks) and WCRC(?) in riverhead forest (ownd by ranieors (sp?)) anywhere outside those areas is illegal tracks so if your illegal structure gets pulled down dont be surprised. If any more are found it is likely that bikeparks will loose access :( so please dont.

Feel free to correct my spelling....
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby orange-mango on Wed 12/Sep/07 9:11am

xcmtb wrote:
orange-mango wrote: Who do i contact to ask about building a trail at muriwai?


did you not read the whole topic? read from the start and you will notice that to build stuff you just contact bikeparks, and if it aint a dumb idea then they will back you and get all the proper consents - and even supply materials :D


I want to build a trail at muriwai, parralel to the dh one, just put some better stuff on it... so bike parks will back up a trail at muriwai will they?
orange-mango
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby PhilWalter on Wed 12/Sep/07 9:13am

...."Illegal" trails will allways exist...

Its a sad state of affairs when you now end up at risk of being issued with a trespass notice when you go for a ride in the forest.
PhilWalter
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby philstar on Wed 12/Sep/07 9:58am

Nordy wrote: The only two places that have concent to build are Bikeparks in woodhill forest (owned by handcocks) and WCRC(?) in riverhead forest (ownd by ranieors (sp?)) anywhere outside those areas is illegal tracks so if your illegal structure gets pulled down dont be surprised. If any more are found it is likely that bikeparks will loose access :( so please dont.


what about Haunua and whitford?
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Nordy on Wed 12/Sep/07 10:04am

orange-mango wrote:
xcmtb wrote:
orange-mango wrote: Who do i contact to ask about building a trail at muriwai?


did you not read the whole topic? read from the start and you will notice that to build stuff you just contact bikeparks, and if it aint a dumb idea then they will back you and get all the proper consents - and even supply materials :D


I want to build a trail at muriwai, parralel to the dh one, just put some better stuff on it... so bike parks will back up a trail at muriwai will they?


bikeparksl only have access to the land they are given. at woodhill. they get in trouble for illegal tracks in murawai because its int he same forest so they are tarred with the same brush even if they didnt build it. It is doubtful the forest owners will give them more areas now (As per the first post) and they are unlikely to be given areas outside of their current boundries.

As was said, they will support trackbuilding within their boundries. User built trails have been done in the past. Just look at no brakes required/needed (can never remember that track name) thats entirely user built and extended because the person asked and worked with bikeparks on it.

Think of it like buying a house. You find you need a garage, you wouldnt go build it on your neighbours property because it was flatter would you.....
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Nordy on Wed 12/Sep/07 10:04am

philstar wrote:
Nordy wrote: The only two places that have concent to build are Bikeparks in woodhill forest (owned by handcocks) and WCRC(?) in riverhead forest (ownd by ranieors (sp?)) anywhere outside those areas is illegal tracks so if your illegal structure gets pulled down dont be surprised. If any more are found it is likely that bikeparks will loose access :( so please dont.


what about Haunua and whitford?


no idea, i heard they were owned by the same people as riverhead but not sure who looks after the tracks.

are you riding tonight?
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Wed 12/Sep/07 10:12am

Nordy wrote:

no idea, i heard they were owned by the same people as riverhead but not sure who looks after the tracks.

are you riding tonight?


no :( still got traces of the plague
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Nordy on Wed 12/Sep/07 10:42am

philstar wrote:
Nordy wrote:

no idea, i heard they were owned by the same people as riverhead but not sure who looks after the tracks.

are you riding tonight?


no :( still got traces of the plague


thats not stopping me :P am hell bent on riding :P
Nordy
User avatar
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby ralf007 on Wed 12/Sep/07 12:13pm

Nordy wrote:
philstar wrote:
Nordy wrote: The only two places that have concent to build are Bikeparks in woodhill forest (owned by handcocks) and WCRC(?) in riverhead forest (ownd by ranieors (sp?)) anywhere outside those areas is illegal tracks so if your illegal structure gets pulled down dont be surprised. If any more are found it is likely that bikeparks will loose access :( so please dont.


what about Haunua and whitford?


no idea, i heard they were owned by the same people as riverhead but not sure who looks after the tracks.

are you riding tonight?


owned by same ppl run by diff ppl tho

and no structures can be built in riverhead, only dirt
Last edited by ralf007 on Wed 12/Sep/07 5:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
ralf007
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby nmdher on Wed 12/Sep/07 1:16pm

structures are stupid anyway
nmdher
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby macktory on Wed 12/Sep/07 10:02pm

i love structures
macktory
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Fri 14/Sep/07 1:24pm

they're good for places with no dirt.

But i like dirt.

Building out of dirt is a little more subtle anyway and less likely to get pulled.
jamieinauckland
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts

Who is online

46 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 44 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles