Postby Spokes on Mon 10/Sep/07 4:02pm

jamieinauckland wrote: probably trying to avoid all the dogs :)

:D Gold

I watched my first DH race there. I saw the prototype D8. I thought the course was crazy steep and the jumps huge!! I rode it a year ago, either the hill got flatter or I got better.....

Its an area with an important history for Auckland mountain biking though.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby ralf007 on Mon 10/Sep/07 4:59pm

jamieinauckland wrote: probably trying to avoid all the dogs :)

phill hit a dog there tho :D
ralf007
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby ralf007 on Mon 10/Sep/07 5:03pm

Macatak wrote:
Nordy wrote: So the ones they are pissed about are new ones that have unsafe structures on them not the ones that are aucklands worst kept secret?

:0 Which trails are our worst kept secret?

this would be part of the problem i think
http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-65147.html

xcmtb wrote: just wondering, what exactly have the kids made? and how far off the track is it?

most ppl would not call it woodhill
ralf007

Postby BigHitter on Mon 10/Sep/07 7:06pm

ralf007 wrote:
Macatak wrote:
Nordy wrote: So the ones they are pissed about are new ones that have unsafe structures on them not the ones that are aucklands worst kept secret?

:0 Which trails are our worst kept secret?

this would be part of the problem i think
http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-65147.html

xcmtb wrote: just wondering, what exactly have the kids made? and how far off the track is it?

most ppl would not call it woodhill

Area 51????????
BigHitter
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby StyledAirtime on Mon 10/Sep/07 7:33pm

it sux that this has happened.
I think if woodhill could expand that would be cool,new trails up there are always good to explore, and if some grom action has wrecked it thats bull.

hope it doesnt effect the expansion project.
Id like to see what bikeparks has in store for the new areas.
StyledAirtime
"Film Filmable things to make films."
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby bikerjake on Tue 11/Sep/07 8:29am

so wait, is the place they are talking about area 51?
bikerjake
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby orange-mango on Tue 11/Sep/07 12:18pm

Yeah im getting confused here too, Is it Muriwai or Woodhill, i always thought the freeriden did the muriwai work? if so surely freeriden would have asked? and all the jumps and stuff out there seem well built (from what ive rode) nothing really sketchy (just flippen ballsy!).
orange-mango
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby PhilterNZ on Tue 11/Sep/07 12:41pm

Woodhill forest goes from Murawai to South Head, it is not just the existing bike parks area.
PhilterNZ
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby orange-mango on Tue 11/Sep/07 2:08pm

Who do i contact to ask about building a trail at muriwai?
orange-mango

Postby AarowNZ on Tue 11/Sep/07 2:10pm

In my opinion the stuff built at the 'secret' place is better made and less dodgy than most of the stuff at the bikepark. (Though I had not seen that new step down the grommies made.)
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby xcmtb on Tue 11/Sep/07 2:15pm

orange-mango wrote: Who do i contact to ask about building a trail at muriwai?

did you not read the whole topic? read from the start and you will notice that to build stuff you just contact bikeparks, and if it aint a dumb idea then they will back you and get all the proper consents - and even supply materials :D
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Nordy on Tue 11/Sep/07 2:17pm

only certain land is ok for building, that would be within the bikeparks boundrys, anything outside of that is handcocks land and is not ok for building even if bikeparks ask.

From what i understand.
Nordy
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby macktory on Tue 11/Sep/07 6:40pm

the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails
macktory
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby ralf007 on Tue 11/Sep/07 7:05pm

macktory wrote: the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails

may be read the pages again, it not in the area called bikeparks, its in the same forrest as bike parks
ralf007

Postby nmdher on Tue 11/Sep/07 7:06pm

macktory wrote: the stupids f*cks that build all that non regulation stuff at bikeparks shud just wait, theres a new part of it being built at the mo' (dirt jumps etc) and this is just going to delay this. any respectable MTBer knows how much it pisses people off wrecking their trails

it wasn't at bikeparks, thats why theres trouble.
did they just take away the bigger jumps at 51 or everything including tracks, berms,etc.?
nmdher

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts