2k9 Races For Whangarei

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 8/Feb/09 11:50am

We will be looking at holding a race end of March start of April on ressurection for our 1st 09 race, there will be an entry fee, hopefully a shuttle truck and maybe some prizes ( will see) will post up in the Race forum closer to the time.

For those out of town who want to turn up we have made some mint changes to Ressurection over the past year so its a bit different to the last couple of races, so browse thru the pages in the Trail build thread to see whats changed. For those who dont know Ressurection is a fast flowing track, clay bed, with various drops and gaps with small pedally bits :crazy: but all is rollable or has a reasonable bypass line so its a track for all ages.

:thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: 2k9 Races For Whangarei

Postby onerahi on Sun 8/Feb/09 9:02pm

i will organise a shuttle truck with a driver for you guys.
just email me when u have a date
onerahi
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 9/Feb/09 5:11pm

onerahi wrote:i will organise a shuttle truck with a driver for you guys.
just email me when u have a date

Sweet Mark that will be mean cheers
Keep you posted
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 9/Feb/09 10:09pm

Date will probably be the 18th of April, have to get approval from council and organise some stuff as well as funding so fingers crossed :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Sun 15/Feb/09 6:05pm

Have another race around mid-late june and i'll be there for that!!! wif my new bike :D
mrFOES
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 16/Feb/09 6:10am

aWW SHUDDUP, looking at hitting Woodhil when you come back if your keen :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby mrFOES on Mon 16/Feb/09 4:03pm

hahah, yeah that sounds like a plan. I went to the bike entrepreneur again, they have a v10 frame in stock, they add componentry as asked by the customer, but that would be a fairly expensive way to get a bike eh... i think i'll go second hand still, see what i can find...
mrFOES
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby Lankyguy on Tue 3/Mar/09 10:33am

I'd be keen for another race :D

You should post it up in the AKDH forum as well.
Lankyguy
""RAISU" always keen for a ride"
Member for: 6 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 17/Mar/09 6:23pm

Yay talked to st John's they are getting the paperwork underway, so race is on for the 18th April will post in Events
The_Quinsta

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 17/Mar/09 6:25pm

Mean!! These races are always great fun. I'll try to rustle up the rest of the Bikesmith boys and come up for a few!! :thumbsup:
ShoreBoy
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 17/Mar/09 6:29pm

oh sweet been a while since you guys have been up here, same laid back runs as last time looking at prizes but i think funding might fall short hope thats not going to worry you guys
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 17/Mar/09 6:48pm

is it just me or is the "Pick Date" button not working on the calendar??
The_Quinsta

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 17/Mar/09 7:31pm

The_Quinsta wrote:oh sweet been a while since you guys have been up here, same laid back runs as last time looking at prizes but i think funding might fall short hope thats not going to worry you guys

I don't think it'll be a problem mate. :D
ShoreBoy
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 17/Mar/09 7:55pm

sweet, entry fee of $10, proceeds go into the hill
The_Quinsta

Postby addicted on Tue 17/Mar/09 8:51pm

Im up in the rei for over that weekend so am definately keen fo a race, is there gonna be practice runs at the start of the day, ive never ridden the track before.
addicted
"I Aint Sayin' Nuthin'"
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Clubs | Parahaki MTB Club - Latest Posts