Re: 2013 Road Worlds - Florence

Postby wolffman1 on Tue 1/Oct/13 11:41pm

Is Chris Anker-Sorenson as ugly on a bike in real life as he has always looked on the TV and in photos?
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Tugboat on Wed 2/Oct/13 9:15am

Yes.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Wed 2/Oct/13 9:31am

Tugboat wrote:Yes.

:lol: Sounds like you're having a blast mate :love:
sifter
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Tugboat on Wed 2/Oct/13 9:42am

Fucking 10 hours in the car today. Drove from Florence to Nimes. After four hours of mixing it up on the autostrada and then almost having a heart attack when I had to pay the toll to get off, I rolled into France and turned on toll road avoidance on the GPS. and hung a left down into Monaco. In the next 3 hours I was only as far as Cannes but in doing so saw some beautiful bits of both coast and mountains. Can see why so many pros base themselves on the Cote d'Azur. The mountain roads look perfect for riding on.

After that though I thought I'd better get back on the toll roads or else it was going to take me all night to get here. Couple of days here and then I think I'll take in Ventoux and a couple of the famous climbs in the Alps on my drive up to Chamonix. Unfortunately no time to bike them on this trip.

It was pretty cool approaching San Remo... just seeing the names Cipressa and Poggio made me think of the great cycling roads that head over the hills that the autostrada just cuts through in tunnels. :)

Oh and after some in-depth scientific research today, I have concluded that the maximum speed of a 1.2l Fiat 500 rental car, which has a manufacturer's top speed of 160km/h, is in fact good for a GPS measured 166km/h with slight downhill assistance. :D
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Wed 2/Oct/13 10:20am

Nice one :D
sifter
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby wolffman1 on Wed 2/Oct/13 10:43am

Living the dream tugboat. Just need to do it with a bike next time

I can also attest to the offroad capabilities of a Fiat Panda. Some friends and I went into a rental car place in Laos, many moons ago, and asked for the rental price for a 4wd. Once the 4 cheap kiwi backpackers recovered from their shock at the quoted price we then asked what the cheapest car was. Cue the rental of a Fiat panda and I've always slept easy as our prior inquiry had told the company exactly what we intended to do to their vehicle, despite whatever paperwork we forged our signatures on.
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Cycling | Europe | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts