2013 Marzocchi 55 Cr

Postby badch952 on Tue 29/Jan/13 4:21pm

Has anybody heard anything about these new forks from marzocchi or come across any reviews - not much from google searching. Well priced fork and not bad looking but is it any good??
badch952
Member for: 5 years 8 months

Re: 2013 Marzocchi 55 Cr

Postby integral on Tue 29/Jan/13 5:56pm

I've just ordered a pair, getting rid of my 36's. will let you know how they ride in a day or 2.I did alot of research before pulling the trigger, but ultimately it was the great price that equated to best value relative to 36's or a Lyrik
integral
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 29/Jan/13 6:06pm

How much?
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby www24hr on Tue 29/Jan/13 6:19pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:How much?

5th item down
www24hr
"Are You Tough Enough"
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 29/Jan/13 6:23pm

Pretty damn good for a 35mm 150mm fork.
Only 200g-ish heavier than a Revelation.
I'm just hesitant on a Marz air fork.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 29/Jan/13 7:04pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Pretty damn good for a 35mm 150mm fork.
Only 200g-ish heavier than a Revelation.
I'm just hesitant on a Marz air fork.

Its a pretty simple air spring, coil negative, so no negative air chamber to leak into / from.

Marzocchi have been using this for a couple of years and it has been rather reliable*

*yes I know, my post contains a metric load of bias, and yes I work for the NZ Marzocchi agent
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 29/Jan/13 7:05pm

badch952 wrote:Has anybody heard anything about these new forks from marzocchi or come across any reviews - not much from google searching. Well priced fork and not bad looking but is it any good??

only just landed in NZ, and most markets, for is almost identical to 2012 Marzocchi CR (other than the gold race coating on the stanchions)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Wobbler on Tue 29/Jan/13 7:22pm

Can they bet put into 160 travel? I see 130/150/170 with spacer changes or something. Having no idea how the marz air spring works would a 10mm spacer be possible?

They look damn nice for the clams really
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 29/Jan/13 7:46pm

Wobbler wrote:Can they bet put into 160 travel? I see 130/150/170 with spacer changes or something. Having no idea how the marz air spring works would a 10mm spacer be possible?

You might well be able to by trying to fabricate a spacer, but it does need to fit nicely into the stack, so you would need to be careful
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Simon_K on Tue 29/Jan/13 9:22pm

Had a look at a pair while dropping my bike into Muds for some loving. Tempting alternative to the tired 32's and at that price...damn!
Simon_K
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Tue 29/Jan/13 9:47pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Wobbler wrote:Can they bet put into 160 travel? I see 130/150/170 with spacer changes or something. Having no idea how the marz air spring works would a 10mm spacer be possible?

You might well be able to by trying to fabricate a spacer, but it does need to fit nicely into the stack, so you would need to be careful

Cool cool, I figured that might be the case

intergral post up a review once you have had some ride time please, I'm pretty interested in a set of these.
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 29/Jan/13 11:07pm

I put a set on my bike this weekend been.

Amazeballs.

First ride was Peaking Ridge in Nelson. Watching the fork react to small bumps on teh way up the Dun was hopeful and confidence inspiring.
Along Sunset Ridge it was awesome. And even more so down Peaking. Butter smooth, didn't dive under braking greatly, like so many fox's are wont to do unless you crank up the compression, which takes away any butter. No probs for the 55cr

Next ride was epic trails in epic wairoa at the epic dodzy memorial enduro. The performance was epic. STIFF, supple, sat at an appropiate level under brakes, yet still used all it's travel.

It also looks super sexy as well.

I am well well impressed and for the price even more so. Is the 55 RC3 Ti better, oh for sure, but it does cost $500 bucks more and it's 200odd grams heavier.
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby integral on Tue 29/Jan/13 11:23pm

SlackBoy wrote:I put a set on my bike this weekend been.

Amazeballs.

First ride was Peaking Ridge in Nelson. Watching the fork react to small bumps on teh way up the Dun was hopeful and confidence inspiring.
Along Sunset Ridge it was awesome. And even more so down Peaking. Butter smooth, didn't dive under braking greatly, like so many fox's are wont to do unless you crank up the compression, which takes away any butter. No probs for the 55cr

Next ride was epic trails in epic wairoa at the epic dodzy memorial enduro. The performance was epic. STIFF, supple, sat at an appropiate level under brakes, yet still used all it's travel.

It also looks super sexy as well.

I am well well impressed and for the price even more so. Is the 55 RC3 Ti better, oh for sure, but it does cost $500 bucks more and it's 200odd grams heavier.

Thats exactly the 'real world' review I was hoping for. What fork did you change them out from?
integral

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 30/Jan/13 12:02am

32 rlc fit, but non kashima. I'm pretty sure i had them at 150mm.
Great fork, but at a hair under 95kg butt nekkid, a touch flexy. Personally with a 32 I'd prolly roll at 130mm. Being a bigger person and none too delicate in my riding they were just too flexy, and the fox 34's were way way outa my price range. New forks noticeably heavier tho
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby integral on Wed 30/Jan/13 12:09am

what travel are the cr's and what bike are they fitted to? They would definitely be a more solid fork than a 32. I took my 32's off my Reign because of the way the noodled around over rocks and in braking bumps. I suppose the 20mm axle stiffens thing up a bit too.
integral

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Forks | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts