Re: 2013 Marzocchi 55 Cr

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 29/Jan/15 9:48am

phunk wrote:Seals might be dry, try poking a clean zip tie past the seals and drip some fork oil down there.

Wind some more compression damping on to stop Them diving.

Cheers Phunk, managed to get ~2ml under each seal before I got bored, then had to add 3 clicks of rebound coz it made so much difference.
Much better on the plushness front, will keep tweaking the pies and comp looking for the perfect feel.

Integral - at 85kg how many pies are you running the spring at for no comp damping?

Anyone running them at 170mm? On a bike they climb on?

The other major thing I've noticed coming from a Lyrik is the extra offset / reduced trail - 44mm on the 'Zocchi vs 40mm on the RS.
Steering is much quicker feeling, going to take a bit of getting used to.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby integral on Fri 30/Jan/15 10:40pm

not sure on pies, enough so they don't compress too much under braking but still get full travel on the bigger hits, running them at 150mm on a reign that gets ridden up and down hills
Last edited by integral on Sun 1/Feb/15 10:11am, edited 1 time in total.
integral
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 31/Jan/15 10:56pm

3rd Test ride today, the Amazeballs is beginning to appear.

Getting the sag right is tricky, +/- 10psi makes almost no difference when setting sag, but plenty when out and about. Just gotta tweak and test while riding.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 18/Feb/15 11:05am

More improvements.

Got some advice from Cam & Dean at Wideopen, replaced the oil in the air chamber (with 15wt as a temp measure - no 20wt in my shed yet).
The old oil was super foamy, very thick, and a bit grubby. Put 8ml of 15wt in there, plushness goes up, another 2 clicks of rebound needed, and settings are coming together.

Still gonna give switching the travel to 170mm a go, more for handling purposes than anything - the steering is still feeling twitchy due to the offset. Hoping a bit moar slack will slow it down a little.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 13/Mar/16 7:25pm

Dredge in case anyone's looking for more detail.

Finally got around to rebuilding my 2014 55CR, after taking the lazy measure of just using the Lyrik for the last year. Gonna blame progeny for the delay.

Fitted a 10mm spacer for 160mm travel.
(from wide open, I assume from a 350 as these still aren't listed as a spare for the 55)

35cc of oil per side in the lowers.
Zocchi site says 20,but lots of fora suggest 30-40, and Cam from wide open said the same.
(lowers were nearly dry)

6cc of oil in the air spring.
Zocchi says 2, Cam said a max of 10.

First ride today.
After plenty of stops to adjust air pressure, I'm currently at 65psi, 3 clicks comp.
I wanted to aim for 2-4 clicks of the available 6,and find a good balance between plush and support.

So far, so good. Soooo much better than they were.
Velocipedestrian

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Forks | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts