Re: 2013 Bmx World Champs - Vector Arena, July

Postby dwgknz on Wed 24/Jul/13 11:06am

Saw the track on Breakfast TV for the first time this morning, are all championship courses usually that tight or is it just because of the confines of the arena?

Start ramp looks pretty cool.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby dented on Wed 24/Jul/13 11:48am

It is tight, about the best that could be Done within the space I would say. first turn will be dynamite for the elites on Sunday.
Racing going well this morning, motos all over for 10 _ 14 yos, eliminations start in 5 minutes. Rico Berman unbeaten so far
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby dented on Wed 24/Jul/13 12:27pm

Also kiwi Maynard Peel unbeaten in 14boys, and just smoked the field in his 1/4 final. Had to be another shot IM the final I reckon
dented

Postby dented on Wed 24/Jul/13 1:10pm

Jessie Smith also looks great, just won her 1/4 final
dented

Postby Colin on Wed 24/Jul/13 2:21pm

:thumbsup:
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby dented on Wed 24/Jul/13 5:11pm

2 new nz world champions, or 3, depending on how you look at it. Great story too, 2 kids that have never been to a world champs before, getting am opportunity to prove themselves on home soil. Caillee caulkin in 12 boy, and Jessie Smith in 12 girls. Not sure what happened to Rico bearman in his semi final, but had a poor start and got eliminated without making the final. Ryan Martin in 11 boys, also a new world champion, considers himself a kiwi, but because of his citizenship status had to ride for great Britain. Unlucky was Maynard peel who finished 3Rd in his final.
dented

Postby dented on Thu 25/Jul/13 8:53am

My 2 kids lined up in the staging lanes right now, about to hit the track for their first race at the world champs. Unreal feeling
dented

Postby Colin on Thu 25/Jul/13 9:13am

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!
Colin

Postby Slapheid on Thu 25/Jul/13 9:53am

dented wrote:My 2 kids lined up in the staging lanes right now, about to hit the track for their first race at the world champs. Unreal feeling

Buzzing!! Hope they go well and enjoy themselves :)
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby ryda on Thu 25/Jul/13 10:25am

dented wrote:It is tight, about the best that could be Done within the space I would say. first turn will be dynamite for the elites on Sunday.
Marc Willers was not very complimentary about it on Twitter https://twitter.com/Marcwillers
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby ryda on Thu 25/Jul/13 10:26am

Slapheid wrote:
dented wrote:My 2 kids lined up in the staging lanes right now, about to hit the track for their first race at the world champs. Unreal feeling

Buzzing!! Hope they go well and enjoy themselves :)
:withstupid: yeah
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby psychavoc on Thu 25/Jul/13 10:29am

Good luck to your kids today!
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby dented on Thu 25/Jul/13 2:00pm

Thanks guys, tough day out but both rode really well, makes me a proud dad. Blake just missed the cut to quarter finals. Unfortunately in his first moto another boy went down hard right in front of him and he literally had nowhere to go. He got up and finished 6th, but had to average top 4 and couldn't make it happen today. He was happy though which is great, as so many kids ended their day in tears. My little Amy, the youngest kiwi, just 5 years old, racing in the 5 to 7 girls, rode amazingly, making it through to semi finals, and finished in world #13, from the field of 27 riders. First thing she said when I saw get afterwards "I didn't make the final". Lots of Lil kiwi world champions today, stomping all over many Aussies
dented

Postby Colin on Thu 25/Jul/13 2:45pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Colin

Postby Mel on Thu 25/Jul/13 10:16pm

Had the best day watching the real people's racing. Friends and family going nuts supporting their loved ones and everyone on the track giving it everything they've got. So cool to watch. :thumbsup:

Looks like a tough, tight track, so the Elite racing is going to be turning it all the way to 11. :satan:
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

BMX Racing | BMX Riding | Cycling - Latest Posts