2012 National Mtb Series Dates

Postby NzidaR on Sat 23/Jul/11 3:54pm

Just found it in the latest NZMTBR Mag, doesn't seem to even be up online yet. :o

The Major Change for 2012 is the scheduling of the National Champs in the middle of the NZ MTB Cup. With a long-standing commitment to Rotorua for the 2012 Oceania Champs, the National Champs shift for 2012 is all about maintaining equality between the North and South Islands. This keeps travel costs for entrants to an absolute minimum while building to the most important domestic event of the year, the Oceanias.

DH
Round 1: Queenstown 7-9 Jan (Dates TBC)
Round 2: Dunedin -13-14 Jan
Round 3: Christchurch Jan 20/21
Round 4: Rotorua Feb 11-12
Round 5: Wellington Feb 17-18
Round 6: Napier Feb 24/25

XC
Round 1: Dunedin Jan 15 (UCI Cat 1)
Round 2: Christchurch Jan 22 (UCI Cat 2)
Round 3: Wellington Feb 19 (UCI Cat 2)
Round 4: Napier Feb 26 (UCI Cat 1)

National Champs (UCI CAT CN)
Nelson: January 27-29

4x Jan 27
XC Jan 28
Short Track XC Jan 29
Downhill Jan 29

Oceania Championships (UCI CAT CC)
Rotorua: March 9-11
4x Mar 9
XC Mar 10
Short Track XC Mar 11
Downhill Mar 11

Thoughts , Opinions ?
NzidaR
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Re: 2012 National Mtb Series Dates

Postby kneeman on Sat 23/Jul/11 7:24pm

Thats great to have the dates out so early. At least you can start planning and booking.

Either UCI Cat 1 and 2 for all the XC rounds? Should give our riders some easy points then with National points plus Oceanias on our shores riders should have enough points to have front row start at the first World cup round in South Africa!! Its the weekend after Oceanias which should mean not many Euros heading down to South Africa as it will be out of their season.

I hope we take a strong team of riders over to Pietermaritzburg as it being the Olympic year it might mean if we get enough points we can get our country ranking up high enough to have some men at the Olympics and not just Rosara or Karen.
kneeman
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 23/Jul/11 7:45pm

Is this the June-July one? Which page?
wuffy

Postby Cabin on Sat 23/Jul/11 9:43pm

kneeman wrote:Either UCI Cat 1 and 2 for all the XC rounds? Should give our riders some easy points then with National points plus Oceanias on our shores riders should have enough points to have front row start at the first World cup round in South Africa!! Its the weekend after Oceanias which should mean not many Euros heading down to South Africa as it will be out of their season.

Not so easy sorry. UCI points don't restart every calender year. They roll over. Also, points Kiwi riders earn at 2012 Nat Champs are counted till July (when all other nations have their Nat Champs).

And.... not many euro's as "out of their season"? Not likely. It is the most expensive race for everyone globally to get to so generally stacked high class field. First World Cup so really important for teams. And for the Euro Pro's the season starts back in March these days.
Cabin
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby NzidaR on Sat 23/Jul/11 10:57pm

wuffy wrote:Is this the June-July one? Which page?

Na sorry man it's the August/September one. Page 10. Think it's out Monday if your not subscribed ? But chances are the MTBNZ press release will also be out monday ;)
NzidaR
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 23/Jul/11 11:05pm

Ahhhhhhhhh. Cool beans.

I'll be at all of them, similar to this year, slightly different setup but shall be filming them all again :thumbsup:

Looking forward to them.
wuffy

Postby brendongs on Sun 24/Jul/11 9:34am

Great to see the xc series with uci points at every round, xc in nz needed this for our riders so our national ranking can climb. Will be a big help for the future riders in nz for the Olympics etc. Might have to get back on the line next year!
brendongs
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby madpete on Sun 24/Jul/11 4:58pm

Living Springs for the CHCH round? (EQ damaged?)...or will it be somewhere else???
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 24/Jul/11 5:11pm

I've heard that it's going to be held at Mt. Hutt, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
wuffy

Postby phantasim on Sun 24/Jul/11 8:33pm

wuffy wrote:I've heard that it's going to be held at Mt. Hutt, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I wouldn't bet against them running a round of the South Island cup in Nelson if it cant be held here.
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 24/Jul/11 8:55pm

They could run it on one of the harder Vic Park tracks, easily, new nats would be good, fix up a few things, repair the big step down at wall drop and run it down raceline out to bridges and the 4wd track.

Personally I reckon it'd be wicked to run the race down any hard track, down the 4wd to the creek crossing/rock garden (dry in summer) and up onto the bank there, build a new trail up on the bank and finish by the Bowenvale Jumps, would make an awesome spectator spot and tons of room for pits there, hell I'd even get up there and help build it!

We can all dream right :blush:
wuffy

Postby slowMTB on Mon 25/Jul/11 4:18pm

madpete wrote:Living Springs for the CHCH round? (EQ damaged?)...or will it be somewhere else???

We are a pretty resourcefull bunch down here so I don't see why not. There is still plenty of accomodation about ( Living Springs for one ) and we have until end of Jan to get things tidied up. They ran a XC comp at Living Springs just recently and it worked out fine - DH , if the hills dropped away then no problem, we now have "a natural feature " :o :D

Time will tell :ib:
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby XCguy on Mon 25/Jul/11 7:32pm

madpete wrote:Living Springs for the CHCH round? (EQ damaged?)...or will it be somewhere else???

The XC is being held at Living Springs as there has been no recent earthquake damage to that race loop. The DH course has been affected by major rockfall though so will be held a a different venue.
XCguy
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Wills27 on Tue 26/Jul/11 4:40pm

wuffy wrote:They could run it on one of the harder Vic Park tracks, easily, new nats would be good, fix up a few things, repair the big step down at wall drop and run it down raceline out to bridges and the 4wd track.

Personally I reckon it'd be wicked to run the race down any hard track, down the 4wd to the creek crossing/rock garden (dry in summer) and up onto the bank there, build a new trail up on the bank and finish by the Bowenvale Jumps, would make an awesome spectator spot and tons of room for pits there, hell I'd even get up there and help build it!

We can all dream right :blush:

The rangers have taken wall drop out as it is too dangerous(On GC page). Also I asked at the dig day and the council dont want/cant run a national event becuase they dont have the right access for saftey and also there are requirements for the pit size and other things. But in saying that we never know. Iv seen pictures of living springs and its really bad so yea we will have to see...
Mt Hutt would be quite good but if any weather hit hard you would know about it.
Wills27
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby wuffy on Wed 17/Aug/11 11:36pm

:(

Just saw MTBNZ's website regarding Nationals in Queenstown...

"Unfortunately, and despite the committment of all parties to find a schedule that worked for the Skyline gondola operation at Bobs Peak in Queenstown for the first NZ MTB Cup downhill round, the MTBNZ event just couldn’t be meshed with Skyline’s considerable operational committments. The Queenstown MTB interests are now working hard to confirm an alternate venue and we hope to have this sorted out quickly."

No skyline D:
wuffy

4X/ BSX Racing | Bay of Plenty | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Dunedin | Hawkes Bay | Lower North Island | Lower South Island | Middle North Island | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | Napier | Nelson | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Otago | Regions | Sifting | Upper South Island | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts