Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby benw on Mon 5/Sep/11 6:53pm

onyabike wrote:whew - glad that's all cleared up

yeah, probably best if they change the name to Freeloader to better describe their user model :p
benw
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby phantasim on Mon 5/Sep/11 6:57pm

AJK wrote:
phantasim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I was possibly going to go over and film worlds for the NZ Team, but the sheer cost of what they're asking is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of getting over there and accommodation.

Dirt had a bit of trouble filming because they're not associated with a pre-certified team, Trek has the Parkins Bros, Commencal has Clay Porter, etc and all the big teams paid for filming rights, freecaster and their entry fees in their original payment to enter the WC at the start of the season. Dirt didn't as they didn't have a team to go with.


Was going to say they have the Dirt Norco team but I realised none of there riders were selected


Ben Reid?


missed out on selection
phantasim
User avatar
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby banga on Mon 5/Sep/11 7:05pm

phantasim wrote:
AJK wrote:
phantasim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I was possibly going to go over and film worlds for the NZ Team, but the sheer cost of what they're asking is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of getting over there and accommodation.

Dirt had a bit of trouble filming because they're not associated with a pre-certified team, Trek has the Parkins Bros, Commencal has Clay Porter, etc and all the big teams paid for filming rights, freecaster and their entry fees in their original payment to enter the WC at the start of the season. Dirt didn't as they didn't have a team to go with.


Was going to say they have the Dirt Norco team but I realised none of there riders were selected


Ben Reid?


missed out on selection


Incorrect.
banga
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby phantasim on Mon 5/Sep/11 7:30pm

banga wrote:
phantasim wrote:
AJK wrote:
phantasim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I was possibly going to go over and film worlds for the NZ Team, but the sheer cost of what they're asking is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of getting over there and accommodation.

Dirt had a bit of trouble filming because they're not associated with a pre-certified team, Trek has the Parkins Bros, Commencal has Clay Porter, etc and all the big teams paid for filming rights, freecaster and their entry fees in their original payment to enter the WC at the start of the season. Dirt didn't as they didn't have a team to go with.


Was going to say they have the Dirt Norco team but I realised none of there riders were selected


Ben Reid?


missed out on selection


Incorrect.


Fuck thats twice ive been wrong today, I had a look at a team list published somewhere and his name was missing but he certainly was there. so Dirt have a team in a sense then.
phantasim
User avatar
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby AJK on Mon 5/Sep/11 7:35pm

phantasim wrote:
banga wrote:
phantasim wrote:
AJK wrote:
phantasim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I was possibly going to go over and film worlds for the NZ Team, but the sheer cost of what they're asking is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of getting over there and accommodation.

Dirt had a bit of trouble filming because they're not associated with a pre-certified team, Trek has the Parkins Bros, Commencal has Clay Porter, etc and all the big teams paid for filming rights, freecaster and their entry fees in their original payment to enter the WC at the start of the season. Dirt didn't as they didn't have a team to go with.


Was going to say they have the Dirt Norco team but I realised none of there riders were selected


Ben Reid?


missed out on selection


Incorrect.


Fuck thats twice ive been wrong today, I had a look at a team list published somewhere and his name was missing but he certainly was there. so Dirt have a team in a sense then.


I imagine they've probably got a different structure for media and team sponsorship to the Parkins/Porter/etc. Perhaps all the team coverage is aimed purely at their own private marketing, whereas the Dirt stuff is primarily about coverage (and damn fine coverage too!) which rights holders are likely to be a little more touchy about. Just a guess.
AJK
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby wuffy on Mon 5/Sep/11 7:54pm

Norco paid for freecaster and entry etc but Dirt's Videos are for Mpora/Dirt, not Norco. So they didn't pay for coverage that doesn't involve them.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 5/Sep/11 11:25pm

Astoria Paranoia
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby HarryPlatt on Wed 7/Sep/11 10:46am

Dirt Fantasy has been updated. Went from 900 and something to 376, just cause my champion was Rachel Atherton. You get 500 pts for getting 2nd.
HarryPlatt
"http://hpsauce555.blogspot.co.nz/"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby phantasim on Wed 7/Sep/11 12:35pm

Not bad, I ended up 5th in the vorb league. Would of been higher as well if I hadn't swap Blenki in favour Brook Mac for team champ last week
phantasim
User avatar
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby Wobbler on Wed 7/Sep/11 12:40pm

I beat wachy
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby wachtourak on Wed 7/Sep/11 1:21pm

I am extremly emo at this news :(
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby Wobbler on Wed 7/Sep/11 1:24pm

I like this
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby wuffy on Wed 7/Sep/11 1:30pm

2nd to last YFY.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby herbman on Wed 7/Sep/11 2:32pm

8th in the vorb league, 753 over all.
herbman
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: 2011 Dh/4x World Cup Thread

Postby Phippsy on Wed 7/Sep/11 8:00pm

Really should of remembered to update my team lol :paranoid: guess everyone will have gwin in there team next year haha
Phippsy
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 5 months

4X/ BSX Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts

Who is online

48 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], nagem, Rik, Velocipedestrian, Wobbler and 40 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles

cron